PDA

View Full Version : The "N" Word

undecided
06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I think it depends on the context and the way you say it, rather than the actual word itself. If a 'friendly' white person said to a black person 'hey *****', then the black person would not be offended. Yet if an aggressive, ignorant white person said 'hey *****', then the black person would be offended (generalisation here).

So I think it really depends on the manner in which you say the word '******' which depicts its meaning.

Assassin™
06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
^Why even leave room for misconceptions or misunderstandings? It's easier to just not use the word in any form and in any situation.

undecided
06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
I didnt say to leave room for it. Read it again.

Assassin™
06-02-2006, 12:39 AM
I understand what you posted. You said it depends on the context. My point is that's it's easier to just avoid using the word in any manner or context. You won't have to wonder if it's the right time or the right pronunciation.

Sunshine Acid
06-02-2006, 12:53 AM
It is just a word, it is the people that choose to be offended by it.

Mr. 2.0
06-02-2006, 12:59 AM
IT not a word it a wrong given to my ancestors by the white slaves to belittle my ancestors. So if this world can be without that word i would be very grateful

Watch by the 2nd page we will have someone acting like a real McAsshole and use that word just to get banned and annoy us.

Assassin™
06-02-2006, 01:17 AM
*notices that the debate forum probably would have been a better place for this thread*

It is just a word, it is the people that choose to be offended by it.It's true that just about every insult is meaningless until people choose to respond to it and be offended by it. That's what makes it a "bad word". What I'm saying is that instead of trying to convince millions of people not to be offended by one word, it would be much easier to exclude that word from your vocabulary. I'm not suggesting anyone censor themselves, but I really can't see any situation that would require you to use that word.

It's just like how in an airport you wouldn't play around and call someone a terrorist or yell out the word "BOMB!", there shouldn't be any reason to use the "N" word in everyday life unless you are distinctively trying to insult or offend someone. If you'll notice, I have refrained from using it this entire discussion and yet the discussion is specifically about that word.

Sunshine Acid
06-02-2006, 01:42 AM
*notices that the debate forum probably would have been a better place for this thread*
It's true that just about every insult is meaningless until people choose to respond to it and be offended by it. That's what makes it a "bad word". What I'm saying is that instead of trying to convince millions of people not to be offended by one word, it would be much easier to exclude that word from your vocabulary. I'm not suggesting anyone censor themselves, but I really can't see any situation that would require you to use that word.

It's just like how in an airport you wouldn't play around and call someone a terrorist or yell out the word "BOMB!", there shouldn't be any reason to use the "N" word in everyday life unless you are distinctively trying to insult or offend someone. If you'll notice, I have refrained from using it this entire discussion and yet the discussion is specifically about that word.

I know, I don't use the word either for common courtesy cause I know people DO choose to be offended by it and there is no real reason to use it at all. Just I wish people would not be offended by so much, so easily. Call me what you want...honkey, whore, slut, bitch, dike, wench, junkie, druggie, ****, hippie bitch, bimbo, blonde, dumbass, pothead, burnout, ect and I won't care cause I choose not to. I wish more people would do this instead of taking EVERYTHING badly. We live in an age where everything needs to be politically correct. For instance we are supposed to refer to blacks as "African American". What kind of horse shit neutral term is that? Most of them aren't from Africa...in fact some come from Jamaica, or other places. Its just words are words and if you want to base a country on freedom and have one of the principals freedom of speach then don't say what is and isn't acceptable. Thats why the FCC is a load of shit, there to restrain our freedom of speech. It has gotten ridiculous, we have to restrain what we say or do because it my offend others. Well that is their problem in my opinion, you should have the freedom to say what you want. I am not saying using the N word is good thing and that I would say it or encourage people to say it. I am saying that people should have the FREEDOM to say what they want.

And to the original poster since I never directly replied to the thread, must have been too high to remember? :dunno:

The reason is coming from a white person, black people will probably see it as racist. But amongst themselves it is considered a good remark. Stupid? yes, but it is the way it is. Don't know why a white person, or anyone for that matter, wants to refer to eachother as my ***** but whatever floats your boat. But you sort of have a point, racism is a little lopsided now. The prime example that comes to mind is comedians. If you watch a black or minority comedian...(Dave Chappelle, Mencia, Chris Rock, ect) Their main focus is usually race and they make jokes about white and black people or all races without any hastle; however, if a white person makes a racist joke it can be seen as a big deal. Its just the way things are.

Assassin™
06-02-2006, 06:35 AM
We live in an age where everything needs to be politically correct. For instance we are supposed to refer to blacks as "African American". What kind of horse shit neutral term is that? Most of them aren't from Africa...in fact some come from Jamaica, or other places. Its just words are words and if you want to base a country on freedom and have one of the principals freedom of speach then don't say what is and isn't acceptable.I'm kind of glad you've pointed this out. I wrote a research paper on this last year. The following is completely my own philosophy and should not be considered to be or used as a professional reference.

The term "African American" is even more politically incorrect than "black person" when referring to race. What we commonly use to determine race is skin color. What would we call someone who has white skin living in the United States, but who was born in South Africa? (I actually know someone like this. They were very confused on what to put on their driver's license form.) Technically, this person is an African American. This classification comes from no other consideration rather than country of origin. It is apparent that we as a society have confused race with nationality when categorizing Black Americans. If you look on virtually every government form or application, for instance the U.S. Census, you will see categories for people coming from other parts of the world. If you are from Mexico and now are a citizen of the States, you are labeled a Mexican American. If you’re from Australia, you are Australian American. If you’re from China, you are considered Chinese American. Ironically, where it gets tricky is classifying people who were actually born in America.

Because this is such a diverse and stereotype-filled country, certain people don’t feel comfortable being grouped and classified with the rest of Americans as a whole, so somewhere along the line, we decided that it is “politically correct” to have different classifications for people born in the same country. We now have classifications for Asian Americans, Latin Americans, Caucasian Americans, and of course, “African” Americans. These labels were the U.S. government’s sad attempts at trying to push discrimination and social inequalities under the preverbal rug.

For the most part it has been successful. It is not a common complaint among Black Americans that they are called African Americans. They are more focused on solving more significant racial barriers that actually affect their standard of living. Just because no one is complaining doesn’t mean that the term “African American” is correct, it just means people have decided not to concern themselves with something that is not positively or negatively affecting them.

In summary, if you are born in the United States of America you are simply an American. Country or continent of origin has nothing to do with race and should never be used in the title of a racial category.
I am not saying using the N word is good thing and that I would say it or encourage people to say it. I am saying that people should have the FREEDOM to say what they want. I really wish I could agree with you here. It would be great for everyone to have the freedom to do and say what he or she wants. The only setback is that you cannot trust the American public. We as a society as a whole do not have the self-control and responsibility required to moderate ourselves and function efficiently without some set of rules and guidelines. I agree that the current system that is in place is a poor excuse as a means to guide us in the right direction, but it is obviously very difficult to design a system that will successfully accommodate the needs of both the extremely conservative activist sect of our country as well as someone who views are as liberal as yours. I am glad that in this country there is at least a somewhat rational middle ground between complete censorship and complete freedom of speech.

The reason is coming from a white person, black people will probably see it as racist. But amongst themselves it is considered a good remark. Stupid? yes, but it is the way it is. Don't know why a white person, or anyone for that matter, wants to refer to eachother as my ***** but whatever floats your boat. But you sort of have a point, racism is a little lopsided now. The prime example that comes to mind is comedians. If you watch a black or minority comedian...(Dave Chappelle, Mencia, Chris Rock, ect) Their main focus is usually race and they make jokes about white and black people or all races without any hastle; however, if a white person makes a racist joke it can be seen as a big deal. Its just the way things are.Let me start off first by saying that I think Carlos Mencia is the biggest moron on television. I don’t know what Comedy Central executives were thinking when they decided to actually spend money on someone that brainless. His show is a piece of shit and is loaded with some of the most ignorant generalizations I’ve ever seen. It should be called Mind of a Moron. I really don’t know where he gets most of his stuff. Many of the stereotypes that he uses aren’t even true. He is a great example of everything that is wrong with this country.

Now that I got that off my chest, I’ll continue. Those TV shows are a good example of how gullible and easily amused the American public really is. If you’ve spent any time around urban teenagers in the past 3 years or so, there is no doubt that you have probably heard the phrase: “I’m Rick Jaaames, bitch!” I still don’t get how that’s supposed to be funny. I’ve seen the episode a couple of times and I’m aware of who Rick James is, I just don’t see how adding the word “bitch” after saying his name is supposed to be funny. Anyway, I’m getting off my point. My point is that Americans are very formidable, gullible, and easy to convince. A lot of them have seen some of the above mentioned shows and others shows like them and have come away with the notion that saying the “N” word isn’t that big of a deal. I am not out to change everyone’s mind and try to stop them from saying it, I just want people to be aware of exactly what is coming out of their mouths. It would be nice if everyone was enlightened enough to make rational decisions on their own, but obviously even our entertainers can’t make those decisions correctly.

bad_meetz_evil
06-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Okay.

*Moved to the debate forum*

Assassin™
06-02-2006, 07:49 AM
^Thanks for taking my advice. It belongs here.

the madscotsman
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
^The dictionay definition isn't applicable for practical everyday usage. White or black, when people say that word, they are not calling the subject an ignorant person. If it simply meant an ignorant person than it wouldn't be considered a racial slur. It's most common usage is actually a warped form of the word "negro" which used to simply mean black person.

This word originated as an insult in the post-slavery South. It wasn't good in any manner, and anyone who used it knew exactly what they were doing. It was a derogatory term used to defame and insult black Americans and former slaves. White Americans didn't feel confortable having to assimilate their culture for the millions of new freedmen that had been added to it. Calling them this word was just about the worst insult possible.

During the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 60s, this word re-surfaced, but not as an insult to black people, but as merit of comradery among young black people and a sign of unification against the Struggle.

These days, this word has had its historical importance completely stripped from it. It is tossed around like it has no meaning and has even been used as a form of amusement on several popular TV shows. No matter what definition of it you accept, none of them are in any way comical or amusing.

Basically what I'm saying is that America needs a reality check. In any situation, using the "N" word is a bad choice, no matter what your skin color is. It is just plain ignorance to think that you are exclusively entitled to say a word based on your skin color. If as a black person you are offended by the word when some one who is caucasian says it to you, you should take the same offense to it if someone darker than you said it. White people also need to realize and understand why it is not O.K. for them to use this word. More and more black people are discontinuing the use of this word, and that means it is not a good time for people of another race to start using it. Is really that tempting of a word. Is it so hard to control your own vocal chords and not say it anymore? I think not.

damn... I agree with him. It is abad choice of word to use no matter what colour you are. But there is another way of looking at the word. Chris Rock said that there is a difference between a nlack guy and a ******. a black guy is your normal everyday black guy. but a ****** is the kind of guy that robs you, and then smiles straight to you face, the kind of guy that steals your TV and then comes round to say " I heard you ot robbed" and I tend to agree with him. Axl Rose said that ****** can be used to describe and person that is scum, again the kind of person that robs you and tlks to you the next day.

Personally, I really Don't Gie'a Fuck, Black people get away with murder, the can calla white guuy, whitey, cracker and what ever other racial slure they can think of. We call them a ****** and they want use to be put on death row. Equality means that if they call use whitey or cracker then we can call then ******, coon, chocalete drop, jungle Bunney, and whatever else we can think of.

Additional Comment:
Bastards they censored me.

Assassin™
06-03-2006, 01:20 AM
^Please don't use Chris Rock as your source of information when you're trying to determine what words are socially acceptable to say. I can almost guarantee you that even that definition of the "N" word that Rock uses is his own and isn't shared by the majority of Americans. The only other people who might look at that word that way would be some of his fans.

It may seem smug of me, but I would like to personally apologize for the way people like Chris Rock and Carlos Mencia have portrayed our culture. These comedians are not civil or political activists who have any type of extensive secondary education on race relations or political correctness. They have every right to speak their mind, but they are obviously misleading millions of people with their "rules" for when certain words are alright to say and their stereotypes and classifications for people of one race in different situations. They are simply entertainers who try to amuse us the best way they can. You shouldn't take what they say as a code of conduct on how to live your life.

Personally, I really Don't Gie'a Fuck, Black people get away with murder, the can calla white guuy, whitey, cracker and what ever other racial slure they can think of. We call them a ****** and they want use to be put on death row. Equality means that if they call use whitey or cracker then we can call then ******, coon, chocalete drop, jungle Bunney, and whatever else we can think of.
It's good to see that some racist views never change.

If you want to take offense to racial slurs, there is an open invitation for it. Forget any rules Chris Rock and Axl Rose have told you for a second and just consider one rule: The Golden Rule. If you're offended by racial remarks towards white people, how can you act as if it is acceptable to use the "N" word? You could probably learn something from the Black American race if you weren't so blinded by things you have been told. In this country, blacks have obtained their status as free, equal, and suffrage holding people through actions like non-violent protests and diplomacy. Equality should mean that we as humans have enough respect for ourselves to refrain from socially abusing each other. You claim that black peopel get away with murder, yet it's as if you've forgotten about a certain individual in your user title.

Another thing that you seem to be convinced about is that all black people do one thing and all white people do another. At the root of these stereotypes, the only thing truly differing is skin color. I'll assume that you're not stupid enough to think that black people have a trait in their genes that requires them to talk a certain way, dress a certain way, eat certain foods, listen to a distinctive genre of music, or that they all use a particular word because they were born with dark skin. All of these actions are choices that have been made by a group of individuals. It is up to us as people of the earth and as individuals to choose what life we want. We can choose if were are going to conform to traditional mainstream stereotypes and live up to society's expectations, or we can choose to do what we think is right, what we are most confortable doing. When discussing these types of satirical subjects, I often read or hear people say, "That's just the way things are." It really twirls me up inside because I know that is so untrue. It is not "just the way things are,' it is the way we allow it to be. We have the power and the choice to change whatever we want. We don't have to settle for anything.

Megan
06-03-2006, 01:56 AM
I just really hate the word and it should never be used against anyone and i think that no one should say it and be respectful.

Kevin Idol
06-03-2006, 04:57 AM
All my *****s at work let me use the word ****** once in awhile. Only cuz I be keepin it real yo.

I am so white. rit.

Edit: Aw. didn't realize ****** was censored. :( i blame the ******s for this. ****** ****** ****** ******

Metalring
06-03-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm black and I call my white friends N***** and they do the same to me.Jimmy Urine from Mindless Self Indulgence says N***** in some of his songs and it doesn't offend me.

Assassin™
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM
']All my *****s at work let me use the word ****** once in awhile. Only cuz I be keepin it real yo.

I am so white. rit.

Edit: Aw. didn't realize ****** was censored. :( i blame the ******s for this. ****** ****** ****** ******
Watch by the 2nd page we will have someone acting like a real McAsshole and use that word just to get banned and annoy us.You were right, except we didn't even have to wait until the second page.

M-J
06-04-2006, 12:36 AM
we got a new kid on the paint crew that I am the head of. Well, today he starts talking about some of his friend back in Cleveland and says "this guy was my nig** all the way through high school" and what not. It's not that I have a problem with the word, its basically the problem that only black people can call someone a nig***while when a white guy says it he either is called a racist or gets the crap beat out of him.

Black do not mind calling themsleves like that because they are black, and for the white people well it is because, they tortured and beated them and treated as nothing, thats why.

Assassin™
06-04-2006, 06:09 PM
^That didn't make much sense. Maybe you should scroll up a bit and learn some history on the word.

the madscotsman
06-05-2006, 01:23 PM
There realy is no point in arguing about this cause you'll never whipe out racism. As long as there are peoiple who are different from one another whether it be by colour of skin, nationality or religion people will always hate other people for being different or as they may put it a second class race.

Assassin™
06-06-2006, 03:36 AM
^I don't know how it's possible that anyone can possibly think that with my previous posts in this thread that I was trying to globally wipe out racism. That's just stupid to even assume. I don't take offense to people making fools of them selves and I don't try to stop them. I've stated before, specifically to you madscotsman, that you have the right to be as racist as you want, you just can't express those feelings on this site.

It really gets annoying explaining my posts to you. Pay attention. What I tried to convey earlier was that nationality has nothing to do with race, and that skin "colour" (I actually like the European spelling better), nationality, and religion should have nothing to do with social rank or class. Different does not equal worse. How big of a jerk can someone be if they expect everyone else on earth to be exactly like them and start hating people when they are different? The whole reason that I could even mention any of those problems is because they already exist. I didn't need to be informed of them. The statement that "people will always hate other people for being different" was exactly what I was contesting in my earlier post. As long as the majority have that type of attitude and view on life, things really will never change. But that doesn't mean we as individuals can't make our own decisions about how we treat other people.

the madscotsman
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't Gie'a Fuck whether your trying to whipe out racism or whipe your arse all I'm saying is that as long as there are people in the wolrd of different colours and religions then there will always be rcism. You really do think that the world revolves around you don't you. quick hint:I DON'T GIE'A FUCK ABOUT YOU!! OR YOUR OPINION

Assassin™
06-07-2006, 11:05 PM
There realy is no point in arguing about this cause you'll never whipe out racism.
I don't know how it's possible that anyone can possibly think that with my previous posts in this thread that I was trying to globally wipe out racism. That's just stupid to even assume.
I don't Gie'a Fuck whether your trying to whipe out racism or whipe your arse
Idiotic contradiction anyone?
all I'm saying is that as long as there are people in the wolrd of different colours and religions then there will always be rcism.That really is all you're saying because it's almost word for word of your last post. Re-read my post again, you'll find an answer.
You really do think that the world revolves around you don't you. Jeez your dumb. If the world revolved around me, then everyone would be listening to what I'm saying. I wouldn't have anything to debate. The world certainly doesn't revolve around Chris Rock.
quick hint:I DON'T GIE'A FUCK ABOUT YOU!! OR YOUR OPINION*yawns*

Then what would be the point of talking to me in the Debate forum? You really suck at this whole concept of having a conversation with someone over the internet. You should start reading everything you've typed before hitting the reply button.

the madscotsman
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
why should I make your life easier. after all I'm just a dumb racist why are you bothering to argue with me? don't you have anything better to do is that it?

Assassin™
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Your disregard for making any sense in your posts and for paying attention to others is actually making this easier for me. Instead of actually having an intellect-required debate, I can just show you how stupid you sound. Your own words do the arguing for me.

The reason I was "bothering" to argue with you is because this thread was in the debate forum before a mod saw how much of an irate jackass you were being and moved it back to Rants. You still don't seem to get the meaning of the word "debate".

Debating is precisely what an argument is. It is two sides or opposing viewpoints counteracting with each other. It is two or more people listening to and understanding what the other side is saying, and then giving their own insight to support or disprove an already stated point.

Until you learn what a debate is and how to do it, you should stop posting in the debate forum and stop trying to contradict people in rants forum. You are bringing down the quallity of both of them. If you don't have anything on the topic to debate about and don't care about others' opinions, there really is no point in posting unless you're trying to start an insult war outside of Rants, which would constitute a banning. You also broke the rules of the debate forum by trying to flame me for my opinion (hence the thread being redirected back to Rants). You're not making my life harder, your making the job of the mods harder by forcing them to move this thread back and forth.

undecided
06-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Assassin - I think youve done well in this thread. Youve been ethically intellectual at all times with your perceptions and viewpoints - so well done from me.

..and to think youre only 18....I foresee that you will have a good future. :)

Kevin Idol
06-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah, Assassin(lol, he has "ass" twice in his name) is one smart *****.

The Major
06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
not going to join the rant, im just here to say, why the hell was S****** starre dout in LOW! i gunna have to right " starts chuckleing or laughing now.. jeez

the madscotsman
06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
In the nd there is nothing normal people can do to get rid of rcism or even to stope white people using the word ******. It would have to comes down to the government but there is nothing they can do about it either, they can't make a word illegal, cause that would be against human rights: You can't stop someone saying a word. (or at least you shouldn't be able to)

Assassin™
06-09-2006, 07:28 PM
^You know, there is this little thing called censorship that is already in place. You just kind of proved that you haven't paid attention to any other posts in this thread. No one was suggesting that any government ban the word, because obviously that is impossible.

This decision isn't and shouldn't be up to the government. Each one of us has the ability to control what comes out of our mouths. As I stated ealier, we shouldn't need to have any sort of system that tells us what we can and cannot say, but people often do not make the correct decision when it is up to them. Because most people act like sheep, the only way things will change is if individuals stand up for what they believe in and start making their own decisions instead of following the herd. Things are the way they are because most people don't have the accurate information required to make a rational decision for the use of this word.

In the end, in fact there is something normal people can do quarantine racism and racial slurs. We can make our opinions known. We can step up and be leaders and examples to those who may not have the social confidence to do things on their own. We can choose not to say words like this because, like I already posted, there is no need. Unless you are trying to start shit with someone, the "N" word is never necessary.

the madscotsman
06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I agree with you- there is no need to say ****** unless you're trying to start a fight with someone. And if each one of us choses not to use the word then society will move on and forhet about the word. Eventualy, but if black people want people to stop using the word then they have to stop using it as well. Then maybe we can start worrying about more important stuff like how come RVD could still walk after going head first through that chair last night. lol

Assassin™
06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
but if black people want people to stop using the word then they have to stop using it as well.^For the purpose of not being redundant, I'll just quote myself from a week and a half ago:
Basically what I'm saying is that America needs a reality check. In any situation, using the "N" word is a bad choice, no matter what your skin color is. It is just plain ignorance to think that you are exclusively entitled to say a word based on your skin color. If as a black person you are offended by the word when some one who is caucasian says it to you, you should take the same offense to it if someone darker than you said it. White people also need to realize and understand why it is not O.K. for them to use this word. More and more black people are discontinuing the use of this word, and that means it is not a good time for people of another race to start using it. Is it really that tempting of a word? Is it so hard to control your own vocal chords and not say it anymore? I think not.I don't think you should look at this like a trade-off. I don't personally have a problem with you or with anyone not being fond of the black race, but why is it so hard to just stop using the word on your own? Why must you require black people stop using it also? You know that it is my view that any and everyone should stop using the word, but your discontinued use of it should not come with conditions.

the madscotsman
06-13-2006, 02:27 PM
why should we stop saying a word that offends black people if they continue to use it?

Assassin™
06-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Just scroll up. You are either trying to mess with me or have very bad short-term memory. Whatever the problem, I won't be explaining the same point again.

Rated X
06-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Well there is a difference in the way black people use it. It's a commaraderie when they say n i gga. When a white person uses it calling them a n i gger then it's derogatory. I have no problem with the word (either version) because it is just a word. The context is where it is at. I have a couple of black friends that refer to me as there n i gga, so I am kind of immune to people using it. But meh, everyone is going to have there own opinions on if people should use it or not.

DeadWolf
06-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Well there is a difference in the way black people use it. It's a commaraderie when they say n i gga. When a white person uses it calling them a n i gger then it's derogatory. I have no problem with the word (either version) because it is just a word. The context is where it is at. I have a couple of black friends that refer to me as there n i gga, so I am kind of immune to people using it. But meh, everyone is going to have there own opinions on if people should use it or not.

Agreed. I rarely use the word around my black (or any other) friends, unless they're fine with it and it doesn't bother them, but I tend to refrain from using it and just go with "hey man", "dude" or whatever works.

Assassin™
06-13-2006, 09:04 PM
^Maybe you guys should read the whole thread before commenting.
You said it depends on the context. My point is that's it's easier to just avoid using the word in any manner or context. You won't have to wonder if it's the right time or the right pronunciation.

DeadWolf
06-13-2006, 09:19 PM

wtf, no thanks lol. Just commenting that I only use it around my friends who have no problem with it. I don't have to read everything in this thread to make a comment like that, do I?

Rated X
06-13-2006, 09:41 PM

I don't have to read the whole thing to say what I wanted to say. It's easy to see by reading a couple of your posts that you're strongly against it. And that's fine. If you don't want to say ni gger or ni gga, then don't say it. Whether I do or anyone else does is up to them. Censorship is for the weak minded and ignorant.

Sunshine Acid
06-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah people should have the right to say what they want. I am completely against censorship (which I think I talked about in this thread a while back) It is stupid to pick and choose what words should and shouldn't be used and in what context. If someone wants to be an ignorant racist and use the word n*gger in a crude way towards blacks then they should be allowed. Does it make it right? No, but it should still be allowed on the basis of freedom of speach.

DeadWolf
06-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah people should have the right to say what they want. I am completely against censorship (which I think I talked about in this thread a while back) It is stupid to pick and choose what words should and shouldn't be used and in what context. If someone wants to be an ignorant racist and use the word n*gger in a crude way towards blacks then they should be allowed. Does it make it right? No, but it should still be allowed on the basis of freedom of speach.

Agreed. Hell, I get called a "cracker" sometimes, but I don't care. It's just a word like n*gger, wet back, red skin, redneck, whitey, etc. Just words...and nothing more. What's a shame, is that people nowadays get easily jumped on and classified as a racist just for saying any of those words and is then a "bad" person, which is pretty stupid in my opinion. :dunno:

Assassin™
06-13-2006, 10:48 PM
You know what's pretty stupid in my opinion? People trying to debate something when they don't know what they are debating against. I wasn't even saying that you guys are wrong, just that you should read the thread because your own views have already been debated heavily. Makes you look like an ass when you try to downtalk censorship to me when I've already commented on how much I hate it. But you wouldn't know that would you? No, because you don't take the time to read the other posts in the thread you are posting in.

Rated X
06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
My first post wasn't directed at you, so why are you taking offense. I stated my opinion on it. You come in and start freaking out. Lighten up.

Assassin™
06-13-2006, 11:58 PM
^In every life experience you've had, has the phrase "Lighten up" ever actually worked?

It doesn't matter who your first post was directed at. It was a comment on the topic, which is a good thing. However, it makes for a more meaningful debate when you know exactly what everyone else is saying before you just bud in with your own opinion. You're entitled to post at any time, but things run more smoothly when you are aware of other people's opinions first.

Rated X
06-14-2006, 02:32 AM
So now you are telling me that I need to be aware of everyone's opinion before I can post? So if mine happens to be the same I don't need to bother posting. Is that pretty much what you are saying? And I wasn't in for a debate on the topic, I threw in my two cents. Now had this been in the debate section, then I would have taken the time to read everything, but seeing how it is in rants then what is the point?

Kevin Idol
06-14-2006, 04:17 AM
DegenerateZero is my n igga. word.

Assassin™
06-14-2006, 06:41 AM
So now you are telling me that I need to be aware of everyone's opinion before I can post? So if mine happens to be the same I don't need to bother posting. Is that pretty much what you are saying? And I wasn't in for a debate on the topic, I threw in my two cents. Now had this been in the debate section, then I would have taken the time to read everything, but seeing how it is in rants then what is the point?Thank you ever so much for proving so many of the points I have made in this thread. If you don't know what I mean, read the first page of this thread or ask themadscotsman what's going on. He might finally get it.

the madscotsman
06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Bitch, I really wish you'd stop telling people what to do.
Everybody has the right to have and air their opinion, just because it it isn't the same opinion that you have doesn't give you the right to tell them that they are stupid, or insult their intelligence. I feel that if the blacks want us to stop saying ****** then they have to stop saying it, and stop calling us cracker.
Others believe that there is nothing wrong with using words like ******, cracker, wet back and so on. I don't agree with him but you do read about us arguing over it and insulting each other do you?

Assassin™
06-14-2006, 09:28 PM
^ Seriously, I've tried to help you out more than a couple times in this thread. If you want to continue to be trapped in your narrow scope of reality, then go ahead. I never said you couldn't. It was actually just the opposite of what you are saying. I encouraged you and everyone else to have and share their own opinion. I couldn't care less if it contradicts mine.

On the topic of me "telling people what to do":
I feel that if the blacks want us to stop saying ****** then they have to stop saying it, and stop calling us cracker.Pot. Kettle. Black.

DeadWolf
06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
I encouraged you and everyone else to have and share their own opinion.

No you didn't. Just the other day you got mad at us for sharing ours, and advised us to not do so...."because we didn't read the whole thread". :hmm:

Assassin™
06-14-2006, 09:55 PM
You didn't even read my whole post that you are trying to quote. That's not what I said. I never got mad at anyone. Pay attention this time.
It doesn't matter who your first post was directed at. It was a comment on the topic, which is a good thing. However, it makes for a more meaningful debate when you know exactly what everyone else is saying before you just bud in with your own opinion. You're entitled to post at any time, but things run more smoothly when you are aware of other people's opinions first.This is just like when you're sitting down trying to have a conversation with someone and a third person comes in who is completely clueless of what you were previously talking about. It's annoying to have to reword your entire conversation to the person who just walked up. Because this is an online discussion forum, we shouldn't have that problem. The previous posts are there for anyone to read at any time. You have no excuse for being unaware of what has already been said. Try reading more than just the post above you.

DeadWolf
06-14-2006, 10:15 PM
You didn't even read my whole post that you are trying to quote. That's not what I said. I never got mad at anyone. Pay attention this time.This is just like when you're sitting down trying to have a conversation with someone and a third person comes in who is completely clueless of what you were previously talking about. It's annoying to have to reword your entire conversation to the person who just walked up. Because this is an online discussion forum, we shouldn't have that problem. The previous posts are there for anyone to read at any time. You have no excuse for being unaware of what has already been said. Try reading more than just the post above you.

damn, that was quick lol.

"You have no excuse for being unaware of what has already been said."

'course I do....My excuse is I didn't read it. But even from reading the last few posts of this thread, it's not hard to catch up to the topic of this thread. And again, we don't HAVE to read every post in this thread to know what's going on. DegenerateZero has already said what I would like to say, so I really don't want to repeat him fully. Pay attention to what he said, instead of trying to drown him out with your own sense of logic.

Assassin™
06-14-2006, 10:39 PM
The previous posts are there for anyone to read at any time. You have no excuse for being unaware of what has already been said.
'course I do....My excuse is I didn't read it.I guess idiotic contradictions are fun. I'll have to try it sometime.

I'm not trying to drown anyone out. That's what is happening to me. Unlike you and a couple of other people who have posted in this thread, I understand that I must first comprehend what someone is saying before I can agree or disagree. Also, to understand what someone is saying does not mean you have to think they're right. I never said you "HAVE" to read every post (if you didn't catch it, emphasis on the word "have" :hmm: ) It's obvious you haven't even read the last few posts since you started posting in this thread. We could avoid meaningless series of posts like this if you heard everyone else out first.

wali
06-14-2006, 11:00 PM
fat joe says it

DeadWolf
06-14-2006, 11:10 PM
We could avoid meaningless series of posts like this if you heard everyone else out first.

No, we could avoid a series of posts like this if you weren't so intent on always wanting to reply to them.

Assassin™
06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
^Another lame hypocritical contradiction.

Whether your posts were directed at me (the last few have been) or if they were on the topic, I still have the right to respond, especially to defend myself if I think I need to. I'm obviously not having a series of posts with myself. You are replying too, genius.

Rated X
06-15-2006, 03:47 AM
Well this took a right turn and went off course of the thread.

the madscotsman
06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
^ Seriously, I've tried to help you out more than a couple times in this thread. If you want to continue to be trapped in your narrow scope of reality, then go ahead. I never said you couldn't. It was actually just the opposite of what you are saying. I encouraged you and everyone else to have and share their own opinion. I couldn't care less if it contradicts mine.

On the topic of me "telling people what to do":Pot. Kettle. Black.

Now he's being racist. what have you got against black pots and kettles?

Assassin™
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
good one

the madscotsman
06-16-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm Scottish, we invented it.

Assassin™
06-16-2006, 05:25 PM
What's that? Scarcasm, Racism, or an unrelenting supply of narrow-minded posting? If I were you, I wouldn't be claiming any of those in the name of Scotland.

the madscotsman
06-17-2006, 10:47 AM
better than invading countries for oil. at the request of your redneck megalomaniac president.:dunno:

Sunshine Acid
06-17-2006, 05:02 PM
better than invading countries for oil. at the request of your redneck megalomaniac president.:dunno:

I'm not 100% sure but I will go out on a limb and say Assasin never invaded a country for oil, and we know our president sucks no need to remind us. We can admit it.

Assassin™
06-17-2006, 06:46 PM
^lol 2 more years. Clinton '08!
better than invading countries for oil. at the request of your redneck megalomaniac president.:dunno:You seem to be the only one who misunderstands nearly every post I make. I wasn't insulting or saying anything bad about Scotland or its government. It's a fine country. You were trying to justify your actions because you are Scottish, but I knew to think otherwise. I was not about to make a generalization about an entire country or a group of people, like you often do with black people. I know all of Scotland doesn't think the way you do.

BTW, I don't think oil was really the objective in Iraq. It's still fucking $2.89/gallon!

the madscotsman
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
what was the objective oh smart arse to end the fuckin' world?

Assassin™
06-19-2006, 08:08 PM
^You're right, it must have been to end the world. The global economy has come to a screeching holt. There is no reason to live! World War III is upon us!

:hmm:

the madscotsman
06-20-2006, 01:50 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. the day of reckoning is here runnn. we've got off the point. maybe we should close this thread or get back on to it.

Assassin™
06-20-2006, 04:35 PM
This is the Rants section. No matter what the title of any of the threads are, there is no topic. No mod is going to close this thread, even if you think the world is ending because Bush is trying to spread his idea of "Freedom". You don't have anything to worry about. I'm pretty sure Scotland is safe.

the madscotsman
06-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I know you don't have to worry about this little insignificant country that invented the tv, telephone, penicillan, pin numbers for atms and a shit load more. so were ok.

Assassin™
06-22-2006, 01:28 AM
^When I said Scotland is safe, I wasn't suggesting that it was insignificant. The U.K. is an ally. You once again found a way to misunderstand a fairly simple post.

As far as all that crap being "invented" in Scotland, that's false. No one person is credited with inventing television. Many different people from many different parts of the world contributed different components that eventually went into the first model of a television. The first of said components was contributed by American scientist Joseph Henry. The first televsion broadcast was in America also.

Bell was born in Scotland, but invented and patented the telephone in the United States.

No one "invented" penicillin because you can't invent chemicals. They were always there, we just didn't know how to use them. Fleming is just one of the many researchers who attributed their findings to the antibiotic we know today as penicillin. There were others before and after Alexander Fleming.

Even if Scotland itself had "invented" all those things "and a shit load more", that wouldn't protect you from being nuked if someone decided they didn't like Scotland. You also contradicted yourself. If Bush wanted to, as you put it, "end the fuckin' world", I don't think Scotland's claim to inventing PIN numbers would save it. Anyway, I don't see what any of those inventions has to do with you, me, or this thread. Your posts in UOW don't represent the entire region of Scotland and all of it's history, so I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. I find it kind of ammusing that you are trying to make this a Scotland vs. U.S. debate after misinterpreting one of my posts. I really couldn't care less. I'm not about to try to defend the United States on an online wrestling forum.

Kevin Idol
06-22-2006, 06:07 AM
This ****** thread is still going? Shit.

Assassin™
06-22-2006, 08:21 AM
^A great post like that certainly isn't helping to stop it. Besides, it's not like we're on topic.

the madscotsman
06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm not trying to make this about scotland and america I like america, in fact i'm envious of you lot. you got away from the english, you got your freedom, we can't get them to leave us alone. I have a tendency to type random shite, I have a weird sense of homour and find it funny when someone tries to argue with me no matter what I type, like typing that you were a racist I just wanted to see how far you would take this. one question. How did you get the english to leave you alone? we need to know, the bastards keep stealing our whisky and football managers. and as you may know we need all of both lol

Assassin™
06-22-2006, 06:01 PM
^We did it, Australia did it, Canada did it, India did it, and a bunch of African nations did it. It can't be that diffficult. We fought a bloody and brutal revolutionay war to gain our independence while Scotland voluntarily united with England. I wouldn't want to have to deal with some of those cockney bastards either, but it seems that your government is pretty satisfied being part of the U.K. I really don't see a British civil war happening any time soon.
I have a tendency to type random shite, I have a weird sense of homour and find it funny when someone tries to argue with me no matter what I type, like typing that you were a racist I just wanted to see how far you would take this.I didn't even respond to that comment. I knew it was supposed to be a joke. Scroll up a bit to see how far I took it.

the madscotsman
06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
hey we fought a civil war we beat them at bannockburn, william wallace died so we could be free but some arsehole decided it was good to unite the crowns. and it's not as though havong a scottish primeinister would help: Tony Blair is scottish (born in edinburgh) and so his gordon brown, and both have turned their back on us. brown said he'll kepp the price of champange down for when we win the world cup. and he wasn't talking about scotland. since you lovelly americans are invadin everybody do you thi k If we sent a couple of cases of J 'n' B to George-y boy he'd invade england? we'd have to get him a map first but that can be aranged lol.

Kevin Idol
06-24-2006, 04:14 AM
^A great post like that certainly isn't helping to stop it. Besides, it's not like we're on topic.
Why shouldn't I post, because you said so? Please...

I love this ****** thread too much not to post in it.

Assassin™
06-25-2006, 03:15 AM
I guess you were too busy drooling over your keyboard to notice that I never said you shouldn't post. You were the one that was acting like this thread shouldn't still be continuing, then you make two more posts in it and say you love it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Kevin Idol
06-25-2006, 07:07 AM
No problem. That's what I'm here for.

Assassin™
06-25-2006, 07:51 AM
You should know why I was thanking you before you take credit for it.

Thank you for confirming my suspicion of you being someone who posts useless spam, can't hold a meaningful conversation, and seems to be jealous of others who can.

Once again, thanks. You've been a great help.

:thankyou: :hmm: :thankyou: