PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Radcliffe set to bare all on Broadway

OMEN
04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/714911.jpg
HORSING AROUND: Actor Daniel Radcliffe is to reprise his role in Equus in a new production on Broardway
Actor Daniel Radcliffe will make his Broadway debut in September in a reprise of his London role in "Equus," a performance where he shed not only the mantle of Harry Potter but also his clothes.

Radcliffe, 18, won rave reviews for his performance as a tortured teenager during an eight-week run of Peter Shaffer's gruelling psychological thriller in London last year and will perform a 22-week run in New York City.

The production of "Equus" will be the play's first revival on Broadway since it debuted in 1974, playing until 1977 and winning the Tony Award for best play in 1975.

Radcliffe said in an interview in September the prospect of acting in New York was "terrifying."

"It will be amazing, but I will be terrified because I was talking to Richard Griffiths about playing New York and he said the most stupid thing you can do is underestimate New York audiences," he said.

"I would be very nervous because I think (the audiences are) even more discerning than in London," he said.

Griffiths, who appeared with Radcliffe in "Equus" in London and played the role of Uncle Vernon in the Harry Potter movies, won a Tony Award in New York in 2006 for his role in "The History Boys." He will also reprise his role in the New York production of "Equus."

"Equus" was first produced in London in 1973 to critical acclaim. It was adapted by Shaffer for a 1977 film starring Richard Burton and Peter Firth, which received three Oscar nominations in 1978.

Reuters

JohnCenaFan28
04-11-2008, 12:06 AM
:sick:

legolas4792
04-11-2008, 12:52 AM
is nudity shown in this play or even allowed on broadway