PDA

View Full Version : USA Network Upfront 2008: Gabrielle Anwar and Diva Maria

Black Widow
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1175/divamariabigxp6.jpg

USA Network Upfront 2008: Gabrielle Anwar and Diva Maria of WWE Raw
by Brian Tallerico

When USA Network acquired WWE Raw for their roster, the move was almost as close to a guaranteed ratings boost as you can get on TV. Like the popularity of NASCAR, wrestling has a HUGE and loyal fan base that tune in each week to follow their favorite wrestling stars. Although John Cena reigns supreme for the guys, on the female side of the fence the WWE has the sizzling hot Diva Maria to balance out the field for the girls.

While at the recent USA Upfront event in Chicago, The Deadbolt's own Windy City superstar, Brian Tallerico, managed to snag a couple of up-close-and-personal minutes with Diva Maria of WWE Raw to find out her interests beyond the ring, what roles she'd like to play, whether she'd like to branch out into other TV shows, and what she thinks is her career highlight.

USA NETWORK UPFRONT 2008: CHICAGO

Diva Maria of WWE Raw

Maria on if she ever worries about exhaustion:

"No, but I definitely know when it's time to go to bed. Some days I'm go, go, go and I'm excited and as soon as I walk through the door I just pass out on my bed. And then I wake up and do it all over again, no matter if it was one hour of sleep or eight."

Maria on whether she has other interests besides wrestling:

"I'm really interested in doing movies. I've always just been interested in entertainment - something in the entertainment industry. And with WWE, that's what we do. I definitely want to do movies. I want to get involved with that."

On what roles she would like to play:

"I really like roles that - have you seen Girl Interrupted? She's the sexy girl but there's so much behind it. There's so much involved in it. But I also really love superheroes. To do something like that; I wanted Wonder Woman so bad but I'm afraid that's already gone.

Diva on if she would do TV:

"Oh yeah, definitely. I love the show Lost. I've always said that even if I could play a wild animal like running through the jungle, I would be like "Yes! I made it on Lost!" I love that show."

On her favorite stars:

"Angelina Jolie. I love her strength. She's sexy but she's so strong-looking to me. Lucille Ball has always been someone that I looked up to because she's quirky. When it comes to guys - Johnny Depp. He can play so many different types of roles. There's SO much behind him."

Diva Maria on her career highlight:

"Right now it would have to be Wrestlemania [which had just happened]. That was my first match for Wrestlemania and it was amazing. At one point, I was standing up on the top rope and I could just see this sea of people and I jumped off. It was amazing. And the lights went out! So, in the middle of the match, the lights went out and we kept going. And I can remember me and the girl that were in there were like, "What is going on!" [mimes a shocked looked while she continues punching]. And I'm beating her up and she's like, "Where are the lights? Where are the lights?" We can't even see each other. That was very cool."

thedeadbolt.com

JohnCenaFan28
04-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Interesting read, thanks.