PDA

View Full Version : Jackie dials triple-0

OMEN
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5162706,00.jpg
Frightened ... Jackie O
RADIO star Jackie O has called in police to investigate a man who allegedly made threatening calls to her after "buying" the presenter's mobile phone number.
She has told police she received "constant" phone calls from a man who claimed he had "paid good money" for her mobile number as well as that of her on-air partner Kyle Sandilands and the show's executive producer Derek Bargwanna.

But the man from Campbelltown in Sydney's south-west, who contacted Confidential yesterday, alleges the 2Day FM host's husband Lee Henderson threatened to kill him after he accidentally dialled her number "just one time".

"Her number is almost the same as my mate's. I called once and then I get this threatening call from her husband," he said.

"He said if I called again he would kill me."

The man claimed he phoned Jackie's number six times after that, demanding an apology.

But Jackie, who filed her complaint with the police at Easter, said her husband never threatened the caller and said she feared for her own safety.

"He just started calling constantly. He called so much, about 10 times in a row without leaving a message," she said.

"Lee basically told him not to call again but he said to my husband, 'if you don't put her on I know where she works and I'm going down to the station to talk to her there'.

"So Lee was stern with him and was quite angry and told him to go away."

She claimed the man continued to call her even after police contacted him - and even rang Sandilands and the producer in a bid to get in touch with her.

"I didn't want to make a big deal of it so I changed my number," she said.

"I thought it had all died down until he made up this story now."

Jackie said at the peak of the phone calls she was too scared to walk in or out of the 2Day FM office on her own.

"I worried about him. I'd just have someone with me all the time. He was kind of a worry."
Daily Telegraph