PDA

View Full Version : Stones star given tour all-clear

OMEN
06-02-2006, 11:12 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41716000/jpg/_41716542_stones_getty-203.jpg
The Rolling Stones kicked off their world tour in the US in August
The Rolling Stones will begin their European tour in July after Keith Richards was given the all-clear following brain surgery.

The guitarist is thought to have fallen out of a tree while on holiday in Fiji.

"Excuse me, I fell off of my perch," he said. "Sorry to disrupt everyone's plans - but now it's full steam ahead."

Several concerts have been rescheduled but 10 dates are still postponed and two German concerts, in Nuremburg and Leipzig, have been cancelled.

The first performance will be at the San Siro stadium in Milan on 11 July, a show that was put back from 22 June.

New schedule

They will then travel through Austria, Germany, France, Holland, Switzerland, Portugal and Spain.

Their UK dates in London, Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff in late August remain unchanged.

But gigs in Barcelona, Madrid, Brussels, Gothenburg, St Petersburg, Brno, Warsaw, Athens, Zagreb and Frankfurt are still to be rescheduled.

Tickets for the postponed concerts will be valid for the rescheduled dates.

Promoter Michael Cohl said: "We are delighted to announce the Stones tour is back on track and thank all the fans and ticket holders for their patience.

"We have put in as many shows in as many countries as was feasible. This is still going to be the most incredible rock show ever."

Huge crowds

The rock legends' A Bigger Bang tour has been travelling the world since last August.

The band have already played in countries including China and New Zealand, and at the US Super Bowl.

More than one million concertgoers saw them perform for free on Copacabana Beach in Rio, Brazil, earlier this year.

Richards suffered the head injury during a break in the tour schedule.

He was originally thought to have sustained "mild concussion" but needed surgery several days later.
BBC