PDA

View Full Version : Paltrow admits suffering depression

OMEN
04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has admitted suffering from depression following the birth of her two-year-old son Moses.

The Shakespeare in Love actress - who is married to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin - didn’t even realise she had postpartum depression.

It is often referred to as postnatal depression, and can occur after giving birth.

She told America’s Vogue magazine: “I didn’t know I had it until after it was over. I just didn’t know what was wrong with me. I felt really out of my body. I felt really disconnected. I felt really down. I felt pessimistic.”

Postpartum depression is caused by an imbalance of hormones in the body after a woman gives birth.

Researchers have found that depression is one of the most common complications both during and after pregnancy.

Gwyneth, 35, also has a four-year-old daughter Apple with Chris.

Meanwhile, Gwyneth’s actress mother Blythe Danner has spoken about rumours the 35-year-old star’s marriage is in trouble.

She said: “Good god, it's just so tragic that people have to make up stuff. I've never seen two happier parents - or people - so I don't get it.”

Blythe also revealed despite wanting to concentrate on her acting career, Gwyneth is attempting to “find balance” with her professional and personal lives.

She added: “She didn't set out to be a movie star - she set out to be a wonderful actress. But motherhood is very important to her, as it was to me, and I think she's finding balance.”

Bang! Showbiz

JohnCenaFan28
04-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Interesting read, thanks.