PDA

View Full Version : Live Notes From Last Night's Raw King Of The Ring Special

Black Widow
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
The building was almost full except for a few tarped-off areas in the upper deck. The crowd was hot all night.

Ron Killings had the crowd chanting "wazzup!" during his dark match with Trevor Murdoch. He looks exactly the same as he did in TNA, his music even sounds similar.

The first round tournament matches were a lot of fun. The crowd popped big for Jericho and Punk's wins. The end of the tournament was very underwhelming. Everyone around me thought that Punk was going to win. We were all very surprised to see Punk tap out to the General Manager. Not the good kind of surprise either. King Regal? Really?

The political stuff was stupid. The crowd booed both "politicians" and popped huge for Umaga's interference. I think WWE may have learned somewhat from the Rosie-Donald angle.

The main event was solid and had the crowd going. After Raw went off the air, everybody staggered up and left, but Cena and Triple H faced off in the ring. Triple H offered Cena a handshake, but when Cena accepted Triple H just gave him the DX chop instead, then walked out to his music. Cena stood there looking befuddled then posed for the crowd for a moment until Lilian Garcia thanked us for coming.

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the read.

Ill Will
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I think WWE may have learned somewhat from the Rosie-Donald angle.
Obviously not if they did the same exact thing again...