PDA

View Full Version : Goodrem wins top prize at mtv australia awards

OMEN
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn1827250_big.jpg
Homegrown talent DELTA GOODREM and THE VERONICAS ruled at the 2008 MTV Australia Awards on Saturday (26Apr08), taking home the top awards of the night.

Pop star Goodrem edged out international acts like Foo Fighters, Fergie and 50 Cent to claim the Video of the Year prize for her hit song Believe Again, while duo The Veronicas scooped the Australian Artist award.

Superproducer Timbaland was named International Artist of the Year, after scoring a string of hit collaborations including Apologize with OneRepublic and The Way I Are with Keri Hilson, and Pink emerged victorious in the Live Performer of the Year category, having won over audiences with her I'm Not Dead Tour last year (07).

The ceremony, which was presented by Wyclef Jean, saw performances by rappers 50 Cent and Eve, while actress-turned-rocker Juliette Lewis also hit the stage with her band Juliette and The Licks.

Other celebrities in attendance at Sydney's Australian Technology Park included former The O.C. star Mischa Barton, socialite Kim Kardashian and pop sensation Leona Lewis.
The full list of winners is as follows:

Video of the Year - Delta Goodrem, Believe Again

Australian Artist - The Veronicas

New Zealand Artist - Scribe

International Artist of the Year - Timbaland

Live Performer of the Year - Pink, I'm Not Dead Tour

Best Movie Star - Matt Damon

Best Sports Star - Mick Fanning

Television Moment - Chaser's War On Everything, APEC 2007 stunt

Good Karma - Earth Hour

Bad Karma - Kevin Andrews (Former immigration minister who banned Snoop Dogg from Australia in 2007)

Remake - William Weatheritt, Ja'mie's End-of-Term Shopping Spree.

Tiscali

JohnCenaFan28
04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the read.