PDA

View Full Version : Fire Chief Smeared By Racist Obama Sticker

OMEN
04-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Pat Galluzzo Stunned His Name Is Listed On Hate Speech That Refers To Presidential Hopeful As 'Savage Negro'
Monday after his name and phone number appeared on stickers that attack Sen. Barack Obama.

But as CBS 2 HD has learned, the chief says he's not responsible and he's asked the police to investigate.

Pat Galluzzo is the apparent target of a smear campaign.

"You're ruining someone's reputation and character," the West Harrison Fire Department chief said. "This is defamation of character. No one should ever go through this."

Galluzzo visited Harrison police on Monday concerned about a racist sticker that bears his name and phone number.

The sticker reads: "Wake up white people. A savage Negro president? Join us now. Stop them now."

The last line includes the name "Grand Chief Pat" and Galluzzo's cell phone number.

It's an obvious effort to link Galluzzo to a racist slur clearly aimed at Sen. Obama.

"These are not my beliefs and I would never think of expressing something," Galluzzo said. "This is demeaning in any shape or form."

The sticker was found Saturday night in the men's room of Miraggio's Restaurant in Yorktown. The manager believes it was found minutes after someone put it there."

One restaurant patron learned of the sticker and called Galluzzo thinking he was with the KKK.

"We knew it was hateful, spiteful, bigoted, racist, and just abominable," restaurant patron Varda Amdur said.

"Somebody is truly libeling him. If he could find out who perpetrated this he could take them to court and have a tremendous civil suit."

Galluzzo told Harrison police he's received one other call about the sticker. About a month ago someone found one at a rest stop on I-87 in upstate New York.

"It's a sad day for myself and my family," Galluzzo said.

The chief says he has no idea who's behind the smear campaign or why.

The Obama campaign did not respond to phone calls and e-mails seeking comment

CBS

JohnCenaFan28
04-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Interesting read, thanks.

Goreinator
05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Black Maschismo for president, haha.