PDA

View Full Version : Orton Looking To Take Time Off, Another Adamle Related Incident, European Tour

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
05-04-2008, 07:40 AM
-- The final numbers for WWE's tour of Europe are in. For 20 events, they averaged 8,750 paid and $725,000 per event for a total of $14.5 million. This was the company's biggest money making tour in history.

-- At Tuesday's SmackDown/ECW taping in Atlantic City, a fan was heckling Mike Adamle big-time. He was asking Adamle how many mistakes he was going to make on the show. However, a WWE tech guy put an end to the heckling by confronting the fan and saying, "There will be none of that tonight and if I hear one more word out of you, I will throw you out of here." Security also confiscated an "Adamle Sucks" sign.

-- Randy Orton has asked management for some time off from house shows. The story is that he's burned out. However, he still wants to work television and pay-per-views. Orton is penciled in for some top pay-per-view matches over the next few months. Orton's wife Samantha is expecting their first child in July, so you can see why he'd ask to be home more. Anyway, it is not known if his request has been granted, or for how long, although he was pulled from WWE's upcoming tour of Mexico.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

scorpionf
05-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Noone is perfect, but Adamle tends to make a hell of a lot of mistakes...

Congrats to Randy, and I hope he does get some time off, as he obviously wants/needs it... I wonder how WWE will explain his absences if they give him time off? I still want to know how many emails and phone calls WWE got from distraught 14 year old girls when Cena was filming the Marine and WWE said it was because Cena was having a Kidney removed...

LionDen
05-04-2008, 11:30 AM
They should not be allowed to tell someone they can not say stuff but I guess they can :shifty:

JohnCenaFan28
05-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Poor Adamle, I actually feel sorry for him. It's not his fault that he's on mainstream TV, it's Vince's. He should have been on Heat while Todd Grisham/Coach/MICK FOLEY went to ECW until Adamle felt better about his position. Anyway, I hope Orton gets the time off as he will definitely need it with a new child.

LionDen
05-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Adamle should have known he was not good enough for the show, so you can say it is his fault also. There are others who could have filled in while he got ready.

Ill Will
05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
It's complete bullshit that a "tech guy" came and told a fan what he could and couldn't say. That's a big part of the enjoyment of going to live WWE events; you get to cheer the guys you like and boo and heckle the guys you don't like (like Adamle and Batista).

davtista
05-05-2008, 01:09 PM
congrats to randy and wife. hope they have healthy baby