PDA

View Full Version : Florida Teacher Fired For Wearing Bikini

5be92
05-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Florida Teacher Fired For Wearing Bikini

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll128/5be92/1209681498205-1.jpg

Tiffany Shepard, a 30-year-old mother of three is claiming she was fired from her job as a biology teacher at Florida’s Port Lucie High School for wearing a revealing bikini and working as a “bikini mate” aboard the Smokin' Em Charters fishing tours. (Only in Florida would they have something like “Hooters Afloat" with fishing.)Tiffany took on the second job to support her kids after going through a divorce earlier this year. She said "I can make $600 in two days (fishing), that's a week's pay for me in two days." According to the Palm Beach Post:

Smokin' Em Charters, a Port St. Lucie-based company, gained notoriety earlier this month when it was kicked out of the Fort Pierce city marina for violating the city's family-friendly atmosphere. The charter company's Web site has pictures of some of the bikini mates, many of them partially nude, and says the only job requirement is to look "hot in a bikini."

The school district has come out and said she was fired because she’d missed more than 30 days of work and that they didn’t know of her second job until after she’d been given the boot.

In the meantime, Tiffany is continuing her work as a bikini mate. She hopes to return to teaching soon...as do scores of male students across Florida.

For more pictures, check out WWTDD or the Palm Beach Post's photo gallery.

JohnCenaFan28
05-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Interesting read, thanks.

scorpionf
05-10-2008, 12:19 AM
She got fired for wearing a Bikini... At least she was partially covered up and it's not the schools business what she does on the weekends!

Punisher
05-10-2008, 01:18 AM
they cant fire her for an outside job. A lot of teachers do stuff outside their job to make a little extra cash because teachers dont make that much

Ill Will
05-10-2008, 08:46 PM
So did either of the two people who posted above me actually read the article? It says she was fired for missing more than 30 days. If she did in fact miss 30 days, then the school is definitely justified for firing her. Any student missing 30 days would have been expelled. I don't see what the uproar here is.

The only way this teacher can even hope to continue this argument is if she didn't actually miss 30 days of work, which is something she hasn't denied yet.

Glorious Maxxwell
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
To the dumbfucks who fired her for wearing a bikini and working as a "bikini-mate."

First off PAY MORE, Teachers don't make shit, period.... Pay more, so they don't have to take secondary job

Secondly, She was doing it outside her work, it wasn't illegal job and she wasn't fucking anybody. And she wasn't doing it at her job, so I don't see one fucking problem with it...

legolas4792
05-11-2008, 10:45 PM
teacher is the most underpaid job in the world it is the most important job but teachers dont get shit

Big Evil
05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
The reason she got fired was because she missed an unacceptable amount of days at her job. If she cared more about it, and not about strutting her stuff in a bikini, she would have showed up more often. She was fired because of attendance, not because of her second job.

Although if it WAS because of her second job, that would be a load of BS.

Punisher
05-12-2008, 02:25 AM
So did either of the two people who posted above me actually read the article? It says she was fired for missing more than 30 days. If she did in fact miss 30 days, then the school is definitely justified for firing her. Any student missing 30 days would have been expelled. I don't see what the uproar here is.

The only way this teacher can even hope to continue this argument is if she didn't actually miss 30 days of work, which is something she hasn't denied yet.

I guess i over looked that part, but for your information a student wouldnt get expelled for missing 30 days of school. That is not even true a little bit.

Ill Will
05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
To the dumbfucks who fired her for wearing a bikini and working as a "bikini-mate."To the dumbfucks who don't read posts in their entirety before responding to them:

SHE DIDN'T GET FIRED FOR WEARING A BIKINI!

The reason the school school gave is that she missed more than 30 days of work, and they claim that they didn't even know about the second job until AFTER she was fired. That may or may not be the truth (that's another whole debate that I don't care to get into), but the official reason given for her release was the ridiculous amount of work she missed, NOT for her bikini wearing.

The title of this thread, and the entire premise it was posted under, is inaccurate and misleading.

I guess i over looked that part, but for your information a student wouldnt get expelled for missing 30 days of school. That is not even true a little bit.

... for your information, it was completely true at the high school I went to. You had to be in school 90% of the time class was in session, which meant you couldn't miss more than 10 days each school year or you fail that grade. Missing 30 days would most certainly qualify for truancy, and in my school district, the school board would have contacted the police to suggest negligence charges for any parent allowing their child to miss that much school. So not only could you get expelled for missing that much school, your parents could go to jail. Majority of public schools in the U.S. have similar attendance policies.

Did you think I just made that shit up or something?

Jodes
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
LOL only in Florida.

Big Evil
05-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Lol set them straight Ill Will