PDA

View Full Version : The Latest On Petey William's Major Injury

Black Widow
05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
As reported earlier, Petey Williams suffered what is believed to be a broken orbital bone at the Impact taping last Tuesday in Orlando, Florida during a 6-man non-title X-division match. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that it was originally thought that he had suffered a broken jaw from a stiff knee by Jimmy Rave.

According to Meltzer, Williams freaked out after he suffered the injury because he does not have health insurance but Terry Taylor told him to go to the hospital and TNA would pick up the bill.

There's no word on when he will return, but 6 weeks off is the norm for this type of injury. The match in which the injury occurred will air on this Thursday's edition of Impact on Spike TV.

24Wrestling.com

Flair Country
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
That's a tough break for Petey after just picking up the X Title. I hope they find some way to keep the belt on him through the injury.

buzzsaw89
05-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Wonder why TNA would pay for Petey's health insurance and not Konnan's? It couldn't be because Petey is white and Konnan was hispanic could it?

wrestlefan18
05-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Wonder why TNA would pay for Petey's health insurance and not Konnan's? It couldn't be because Petey is white and Konnan was hispanic could it?

I think it was more because Petey's injury was kinda minor compared to Konnans.

Flair Country
05-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I think it was more because Petey's injury was kinda minor compared to Konnans.

Also maybe because Petey's injury happend at an actual TNA event and not through many years wrestling with different organizations.