PDA

View Full Version : Walters hates harry potter

OMEN
05-09-2008, 11:52 AM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn1168460_big.jpg
Harry Potter actress Julie Walters hates J.K. Rowling's books - and only skims through them to check her character is not killed off.

Walters, who plays Molly Weasley in the movie adaptations of the boy wizard tomes, buys the books because of a survival instinct rather than a love of the stories.

She says, "The funny thing was that a rumour went around once that I was an avid reader of the Harry Potter books and that I was always first in the queue when they came out.

"Not the case, I'm afraid. Someone caught me thumbing through one on a bookstand and all I was doing - I admit it - was checking whether or not J.K. Rowling, the author, had written my character out!

"It was pure self-interest. I got to the magic words 'Mrs Weasley', realised I wasn't going to be the impending corpse and put the book back on the shelf."

Tiscali

JohnCenaFan28
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
LOL, she's amazing.

scorpionf
05-10-2008, 03:48 AM
LOL, that's classic! Harry Potter may not be everyone's pot of tea, but it's interesting that she hates the book, yet can pull of the character of Mrs Weasley really well in the movies!