PDA

View Full Version : Jay-z speaks out over glastonbury furore

OMEN
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn5043890big.jpg
Rapper Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter has defended his headline slot at legendary English music festival Glastonbury next month (Jun08).

The star's billing has attracted controversy because of the event's traditionally rock-orientated line-up, and was even blamed for the festival's slow ticket sales.

Last month (Apr08), Oasis rocker Noel Gallagher criticised Carter's appearance at Glastonbury, saying, "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

But now the hip-hop star has spoken out about his headline slot - and has urged Gallagher to "respect" his musical genre.

Carter says, "We don't play guitars, Noel, but hip-hop has put in its work like any other form of music. This headline show is just a natural progression. Rap music is still evolving.

"We just have to respect each other's genre of music and move forward."

And Carter admits he's excited about playing Glastonbury, because it'll be the most controversial performance of his career.

He adds, "I've never ever had a show that's caused this much of a stir so I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been involved in anything this controversial. What's the big deal about doing a show?

"I guess it's heritage and people hold that dear to their heart and see it one way but that's how the world is. The world has to change. It just can't be one thing - and that's the beautiful thing. That's ....why people feel so passionate about an event.

JohnCenaFan28
05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Wonder how this will turn out? He might get booed off or something, which I'd find bad for him, he's just doing his job.