PDA

View Full Version : Law & Order star 'sorry' for gun arrest

OMEN
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/723088.jpg
SORRY ABOUT THAT: Dennis Farina has apologised after being arrested for attempting to carry a loaded gun onto a plane.
Actor Dennis Farina, who was arrested on Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport for carrying a loaded gun on his way to board a plane, has apologized for the incident.

The 64-year-old former policeman who built a Hollywood career playing detectives issued a statement saying he was embarrassed by the arrest.

"I apologise to anyone and everyone that I have caused any embarrassment or inconvenience to," Farina said.

"It is my own stupidity to find myself in this embarrassing situation. I'll be spending the next few days kicking my own ass. No one is more embarrassed than myself."

Farina told police he brought the .22 caliber, semi-automatic pistol with him on a drive from Arizona to Los Angeles and forgot it was in his briefcase when he tried to pass through airport security to board a flight to Chicago.

The actor, perhaps best known for his role of New York Detective Joe Fontana on the television crime series Law & Order, was booked on a felony count of carrying a loaded firearm.

Reuters

JohnCenaFan28
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Interesting read, thanks.