PDA

View Full Version : Wwe Notes & News On 24/7 Online, Merchandise, Trish Stratus Awarded Unique Honor

Black Widow
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
WWE has released bobbleheads of Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Undertaker as well as the first Santino Marella t-shirt.

Canada's Globe and Mail has an article on former WWF developmental talent and CFL footlball player Glen Kulka now training for MMA. Kulka's WWF developmental run ended in 2000. You can read the piece below.

Kulka to add MMA to sporting resume

NEIL DAVIDSON

The Canadian Press

May 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM EDT

Former CFL player and pro wrestler Glenn Kulka is trying his hand at mixed martial arts.

The 44-year-old radio host at the Team 1200 in Ottawa is slated to make his MMA debut at Freedom Fight: Title Quest on July 26 in Hull, Que., against super-heavyweight Wayne (X-Man) Xilon of Sudbury, Ont.

Kulka is no stranger to the sport, having done TV work for the Hardcore Championship Fighting organization. He also spent some time with Ken Shamrock a decade ago when The World's Most Dangerous Man was making the move from MMA to wrestling and Kulka was switching from football to wrestling.

Kulka, who has spent some four months training in MMA, hopes to compete in three pro fights.

“I have no aspirations to fight Fedor Emelianenko or anything along those lines,” he said with a laugh, referring to the former Pride heavyweight champion. “For myself, it's going to be a fairly basic stand up and see who is the best man. Two men enter, one man leave is a very interesting combination when you've been a team sport guy your whole life.”

“Realistically I've just set forth a new set of challenges that I haven't done in a while and it's been overdue,” he added.

At 6-2 and 260 pounds, Kulka will enter the ring at his CFL playing weight.

“Genetics make up for age. Look at Randy Couture,” said Freedom Fight owner Pete Rodley, referring to the 44-year-old UFC heavyweight champion.

Kulka's professional wrestling career was derailed by injuries and he was released by the then-WWF (now WWE) in 2000. The former defensive lineman says he is healthy again and raring to go.

Xilon (pronounced X-IL-lon) has a record of 1-1, losing his pro debut by TKO to John Cole in January 2007 in 22 seconds. He bounced back to submit Frank Andre in March 2007 at 2:18 of the first round.

“He's one tough dude,” said Rodley.

“I'm expecting somebody who's probably just going to stand there and see who's got the best chin and entertain the crowd,” Kulka said.

Kulka says his family is “somewhat used” to such career changes but acknowledges some members were reluctant to accept this latest twist.

“Once they see a commitment on my side, they know there usually is a success factor that follows me around athletically,” he said.

Seeing Shamrock in action convinced him MMA fighters “truly are the elite athletes of any sport I've ever sen,” said Kulka, an 11-year CFL veteran and self-described workout freak who says he has been clean and sober for more than six years.

The Freedom Fight card also features rock singer Robin Black's MMA debut and three title fights.

Trish Stratus was awarded Best Hair for a Canadian Athlete by AG Hair Cosmetics' 8th annual Best Canadian Celebrity Hair Awards. I'm sure her family was so proud.

Paul Jordan sent the following updated list of content for WWE 24/7 Online:
Raw: Episode 30
August 16, 1993 | Approx. run time: 36 mins.

Raw: Episode 31
September 13, 1993 | Approx. run time: 44 mins.

J.R.'s Pick of the Month: Unforgiven, Edge vs. John Cena
May 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 37 mins.

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with Jim Ross.

WCW SuperBrawl: Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Liger
February 29, 1992 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

My Favorite Match: Brian Kendrick - WrestleMania XIX, Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
May 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 34 mins.

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with Brian Kendrick.
Judgment Day: MNM vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
May 21, 2006 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

Raw: Lita vs. Trish Stratus
December 6, 2004 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

WCW Nitro: Gregory Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero
March 26, 2001 | Approx. run time: 6 mins.
Vengeance: World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman
July 27, 2003 | Approx. run time: 18 mins.
"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Bob Backlund
June 28, 1982 | Approx. run time: 14 mins

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
05-15-2008, 09:09 PM
LOL Trish, I thought she was winning some sort of sport related award...

scorpionf
05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
That must be Trish's most prized award :laugh: