PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Heche can't afford child support

OMEN
05-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Anne Heche can’t afford to continue her $15,000-a-month child support payments.

The 38-year-old actress revealed in court papers that since her US TV show Men in Trees was cancelled, she cannot continue to pay the $14,798 monthly payments, which includes private school tuition for her six-year-old son Homer.

She wrote: “I am continuing to look for work, but I have no offers pending and the impending strike by the Screen Actors Guild reduces my prospects for work even further.

"Since January 18, 2008, I have been unemployed and had no income from employment except for one very short-term contract for a movie role for which I received a total of $6500, approximately the amount I received for one episode of Men in Trees.”

A judge ruled she would not have to pay the July payment to ex-husband Coley Laffoon, but Superior Court Judge Gail Ruderman Feuer ordered her to provide updated income and expense information as soon as she had it.

The payments also include the mortgage on her house in Canada, rent on her Los Angeles property and expenses on her car.

She adds in the court papers: “I do receive some residuals from previous acting work. However, the amounts are nominal and are offset by recurring business expenses that must be paid whether or not I am working.”

Bang Showbiz

JohnCenaFan28
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Interesting read, thanks.