PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritan Credits Ric Flair For Manuever He Used To Stop Escaping Shoplifter

Black Widow
05-29-2008, 07:23 PM
The Tallahassee Democrat featured an article today about a good Samaritan stopping a would-be shoplifter who was trying to flee a Wal-Mart after lifting a pair of DVDs and pulling a knife on employees to a wrestling move he once saw performed by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair.

Will Hudson, a pastor at True Vine International Ministries in Tallahassee, grabbed the suspect, 22-year-old Kelvin Bispham, from behind in what was described as a "grip hold" but was more likely a bear hug, as he fled the store.

Hudson held Bispham in the hold until a deputy arrived. Bispham was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, displaying a weapon during a felony, resisting a merchant and petty theft.

PWInsider.com

Article Below:

Civilian stops suspect with 'grip hold'

Will Hudson was emulating a move he saw professional wrestler "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair use on TV when he grabbed onto a suspected shoplifter fleeing arrest Wednesday.
Advertisement

"He was getting ready to go outside, and that's when I grabbed him and held him so that he wouldn't escape through the door," said Hudson, an employee at Gem Mazda car dealership, 1465 Capital Circle N.W. "I really can't believe I got involved myself. It just seemed like the thing to do."

The suspect, 22-year-old Kelvin Bispham, had pulled a knife on two Wal-Mart employees who caught him stealing DVDs from the store, according to the Leon County Sheriff's Office.

He then ran to the dealership to hide out. When he walked into the sales building, he surprised everybody by saying, "They're trying to kill me," Hudson said. The employees realized what was happening when they saw Deputy Bill Punausuia pull into the parking lot.

Bispham was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, displaying a weapon during a felony, resisting a merchant and petty theft.

Loss prevention employees at the Wal-Mart, 4400 W. Tennessee St., noticed Bispham shoplifting about 12:30 p.m., deputies said. When confronted outside of the store, Bispham agreed to come back into the store to return the DVDs. But once inside, he pulled out a knife and swung it at the employee. He then threatened another employee with it. Then he ran. None of the employees were injured.

Hudson, a pastor at True Vine International Ministries in Tallahassee, said he used the "grip hold" on Bispham by grabbing him from behind in a bear hug and locking his fingers together.

"He's bigger than me, but I was holding him," Hudson said. "It's hard to get out of the position when you grab them from behind."

The deputy came inside with his gun drawn. He told Bispham to show him his hands and told Hudson to let Bispham go, Hudson said.

After his arrest, Bispham led deputies to where he got rid of the knife, deputies said.

tallahassee.com

Super Klawz
05-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I think he used a full nelson, is that what they're trying to describe?

JohnCenaFan28
05-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Darn those news reporters who can't say what move he did:P

Black Widow
05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
wonder if he gave a wooooooo while doing it

Edgehead82593
05-30-2008, 03:28 AM
A grip hold? Nice, he holds on to a guy and thanks Ric Flair.