PDA

View Full Version : No Pics Allowed

OMEN
06-05-2006, 11:43 PM
NICOLE Kidman has spent £160,000 hiring every available helicopter in Sydney to stop the paparazzi intruding on her big day.

The move is the latest evidence of the actress's obsession with privacy for her June 25 wedding to country singer Keith Urban. As we revealed last week, they have decided on an evening ceremony to add to the snappers' problems.

But Kidman, 38, will take a leaf from mate Russell Crowe's book and release two photos and some video footage hours after the event in the hope of satisfying the media frenzy.
DailyMirror

Kellie
06-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Its only going to make photographers more eager to get pics .... someone will make it inside, it usually happens

Assassin™
06-06-2006, 06:33 AM
I don't see what the big deal is with taking pictures, especially when you're someone who has taken millions of them like Nicole has. It's almost like she's ashamed she's getting married and doesn't want anyone to know about it.

Kaz
06-06-2006, 06:43 AM
^ Not ashamed she just wants privacy from her big day... She doesn't want paparazzi everywhere while she is getting married... I totally understand it.

scorpionf
06-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Where's it being held that she needs every available helicopter in Sydney, in the middle of Watson's Bay, Hyde Park or Centennial Park (or some other really open place)? At least one photogrpher will sneak in amongst the wedding guests... They almost always do find a way, no matter what precautions the celebs and their security take!

Assassin™
06-07-2006, 03:30 AM
^ Not ashamed she just wants privacy from her big day... She doesn't want paparazzi everywhere while she is getting married... I totally understand it. I wasn't actually implying that she was ashamed to be getting married, just that everyone already knows about it and she shouln't try to hide it. I'll assume you Aussie's have better privacy laws than we do in the States, but when it's a wedding as high profile a Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, the police don't really care and won't do anything to keep the paparazzi away. You give up those rights if you are a famous entertainer who's in the public eye very often.

Regardless of the location and the privacy laws, I still can't see why she wouldn't want a bunch of people taking pictures of her wedding. As long as they're not running up to her while she's saying her vows, or asking "Who are you wearing?", she should be obliged that there are so many people simply trying to get pictures of her on her special day. Even the report that we are commenting on said that she had an "obsession with privacy".