PDA

View Full Version : Future Wwe Plans, Big Expectations After Last Night, Crashing The Wwe Website

Black Widow
06-03-2008, 09:13 PM
FUTURE WWE PLANS, BIG EXPECTATIONS AFTER LAST NIGHT, CRASHING THE WWE WEBSITE AND MORE

From what I was told, WWE officials were happy to crash the sign up website for the million dollar giveaway last night. It was taken as a positive sign for the promotion (then again, who didn't expect people to be excited about getting a piece of that kind of money) and they made a point of mentioning the site going down on Raw. Of course, this being the wrestling business there are those who are suspicious as to whether WWE crashed the site on purpose but I don't believe that's the case.

Also, given the exposure that WWE got in the press, plus the fact that the website couldn't handle the traffic, those in management who would talk about it are expecting a "significant increase" in the Raw rating this week. To me, that would mean getting above the 3.2 and 3.3s that they have done of late but given the 2.9 that they did last week, getting back in the 3.3 area would be a 14% rise and that would ease some concerns, if nothing else.

Roberto Miranda sent word yesterday afternoon that when he bought his tickets for the 7/2 Raw show in Santiago, Chile, the following card was announced:

WWE Championship Match
Triple H vs. Randy Orton

Special Challenge Match
JBL vs. John Cena

Tag Team Match
Umaga and Snitsky vs. Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho

And also appearing:
Mr. Kennedy
Jeff Hardy

Originally William Regal and Carlito were announced, and Jeff Hardy wasn't.

It's pretty clear from this lineup that WWE had planned to keep Triple H, Randy Orton, JBL and John Cena at the top of the card. I won't even guess at what it means for the Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels angle.

PWInsider.com

Bad Boy
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
well, this might change with Orton being out for a few months...

wwe9112
06-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I really enjoyed Raw last night. It was somewhat better then usual. I really liked the wild fan rofl.

JohnCenaFan28
06-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm glad Vince woke up and realized to get ratings he needs to care about the product:)