PDA

View Full Version : Rikishi On About Not Wanting To Turn Heel And How Triple H Ended Up Stealing His Heat

Black Widow
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
RIKISHI TALKS ABOUT NOT WANTING TO TURN HEEL DURING THE STEVE AUSTIN HIT-AND-RUN ANGLE AND HOW TRIPLE H ENDED UP STEALING HIS HEAT

He's been a Samoan Swat Teamer, a Headshrinker, a Sultan, a Stone Cold Hit-n-Runner, TNA's Junior, and is currently one of the forced behind New Wrestling Evolution's huge Ultimate Warrior return. Now, the man who made the Stinkface famous, Rikishi Fatu joins ClubWWI.com for a rare 27 minute shoot interview direct from the Canary Islands that you don't want to miss.
With such a rich history in the business, Keesh had no shortage of things to discuss with James Guttman on ClubWWI.com. Topics included: Bringing Ultimate Warrior Into Nu Wrestling Evolution, His Initial Reaction To The Rikishi Gimmick, What He Was Worried About, Who Came Up With The Gimmick, His Wrestling Family, Exclusive Thoughts on His TNA Stint, Why He Hasn't Returned To WWE, The Too Cool Connection, Why Scotty 2 Hotty Was Worried, Disappointment Over The End of "The Sultan," The Stinkface, Memories of Yokozuna, The Headshrinkers, His Wrestling Family, and More.

One topic that many fans have wondered about is his heel turn in 2000, where he was revealed to be the man who ran down Steve Austin. James asked Keesh about this since it seemed like a strange time to turn him heel. Rikishi responded:

"I obviously went against Creative Services on that. The writing team. I didn't feel it was the right time for me to be turning heel at the time. I thought the Rikishi character could have went on for a bit, you know, as far as being one of the top babyfaces in there. So that's how it is. The team just decided that they wanted to go ahead and switch this Rikishi character, which I thought was a mistake at the time."

Keesh goes on to speak about the plans that he thought were in the works for his heel character and how they never seemed to pan out. After long, he realized that the future for the character was different than what he thought it would be.

JG then brings up how Triple H ended up being the "brains" behind the hit-and-run. It seemed as though Hunter, as the bad guy of it all, stole a lot of Rikishi's heat. Keesh agrees:

"Yeah. Well, that's exactly what happened. I mean anyone who knows wrestling and all the fans who really, really, understand wrestling, they see it and what had happened and I disagreed that the way they did it and it is what it is."

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
06-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Interesting read, thanks.

RIPLance
06-12-2008, 01:31 AM
thats crap i think keesh could have a great heal if they used him right only if he would have wanted to change

Kenpachi Zaraki
06-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Keesh just shut up u ruined ur career

LionDen
06-13-2008, 07:12 AM
I would have thought turning heel by running over Stone Cold would be a good move since it would get alot of exposure.

Ill Will
06-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread. HHH took Rikishi's heat? lol, stfu. He's just bitter.

:haha:

BEP
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM
HHH probably did take the heat for himself, but Keesh was never worth pushing IMO.