PDA

View Full Version : Reasons Behind Triple H, Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy’s WWE Drafts

JohnCenaFan28
06-25-2008, 12:48 AM
The main reason behind Rey Mysterio being drafted to Raw was to bring up ratings in the Hispanic demographic. Since Eddie Guerrero’s successful title run on Smackdown, the show has been huge for Hispanic audiences and WWE wants to bring some of those viewers to Raw in hope of a ratings boost.

They feel Triple H’s move to Smackdown will more than offset this change and will help remove the stigma of Smackdown being the B show. WWE also wants a fresh top main event level worker on Smackdown in order to carry the show on the new network when it moves to MYNetworkTV. Some sources say Hunter only agreed to move shows because he will now only be away from his family (Stephanie and his soon to be born child) on Saturday’s and Sunday’s due to the various schedules.

The added addition of Jeff Hardy to Smackdown is to fill the void Mysterio will leave behind in the children’s demographic. Smackdown’s earlier time makes it generally the kids show and they’ll need someone like Hardy to appeal to that audience.

Source: Wrestlezone

mikedudelang
06-25-2008, 05:15 AM
i'll miss hhh, kennedy, j.r. and jeff hardy on raw as i can't watch smackdown...always at work. rey mysterio, cm punk and batista are relatively boring to me as well so i'm not sure how much i'll be digging on raw anymore. hopefully, jericho and michaels can pick up the slack.

Kenpachi Zaraki
06-25-2008, 05:26 AM
SD sucks...................hope this changes it

tommy
06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
i'll miss hhh, kennedy, j.r. and jeff hardy on raw as i can't watch smackdown...always at work. rey mysterio, cm punk and batista are relatively boring to me as well so i'm not sure how much i'll be digging on raw anymore. hopefully, jericho and michaels can pick up the slack.

Punk is hands down my favorite wrestler. Give him a chance, he'll impress. Batista and Rey are good too. Once you see it all, I think you'll be fine with the changes. Although, I will miss Hardy, Kennedy, JR, and Trips too.

mikedudelang
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
^^^^
i've seen tons of cm punk...i don't hate the guy (not in the least) but he just doesn't do anything for me. to me, he's an upper mid-carder. as for batista, the guy is plain awful in the ring and on the mic. if i have to watch that stupid little legkick he does right before he drives his shoulder into someone's gut when he's got them in the corner one more time, i think i may throw myself off a building. and lil' rey rey...lil' rey rey was fine...5 years ago when he was mid-carding. i just don't find him entertaining up aainst the big guys. dunno, maybe they've got a trick or two up their sleeve but as it looks now, i'm not excited about the changes. maybe the supplemental draft will bring about some interesting changes...