PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife officer saves bear from drowning

OMEN
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1369845.jpg
A wildlife officer put his own life on the line in Florida when he leapt into the sea to save a huge black bear from drowning.
The startled 26 stone beast ran into the water at Alligator Point after being shot with a tranquilliser dart, reports Sky News.

Adam Warwick, realising the bear was in danger, stripped to his underwear, dived into the sea and put his arm round the animal's neck to keep its head above water.

The fearsome but drowsy creature allowed itself to be rescued and Warwick escaped with a few scratches.

The bear had wandered into a residential area looking for food before being shot with the tranquilliser by a wildlife marksman.

Mr Warwick, 29, who works for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, said: "I was pretty surprised at how big he was.

"I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was a spur of the minute decision.

"I was swimming toward the bear, trying to prevent him from swimming into deeper water. He was losing function in his arms and legs and was obviously in distress."

Once he had dragged the bear ashore, the beast was loaded on to a truck by a JCB.

It was then taken to a forest near Lake City and released. It had apparently been left unharmed by its near-death experience.

Ananova

JohnCenaFan28
07-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Nice read, thanks.