PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Ortiz Background

JohnCenaFan28
07-02-2008, 01:04 PM
On last night's edition of ECW, Atlas Ortiz made his televised debut. Ortiz is formerly Atlas Dabone of OVW and FCW. He began his training in 2006 and was offered a developmental deal by WWE and immediately assigned to OVW. He worked some dark matches for Raw and was slated to move to the main roster in January, but a knee injury sidelined him and postponed his debut until last night. He is credited as being an extremely charismatic individual and most likely was brought up due to his character and mic work. Atlas is also a former football player, having spent time in the XFL, the Canadian Football League (CFL), the Arena Football League (AFL) and the National Football League (on the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad during the 1998 season).

Source: Wrestlezone

Deadman151
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, I don't know much about this guy but I think he'll do great in WWE. Just as long as the Creative Team don't screw up his character.

tommy
07-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I saw him on his tour with the RAW brand in January and he was very impressive. He knew how to play to the crowd (starting a Florida State War Chant since we were in Tallahassee) and had Ashley as his valet. I can't quite remember who he fought, but he won, and in the short match, he managed to get the entire live crowd that had never heard of him before behind him.

Ill Will
07-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I didn't see ECW yet, but I remember this guy from OVW. Great worker. Should have been called up sooner IMO.