PDA

View Full Version : Backstage News on CM Punks World Heavyweight Title Reign

tommy
07-04-2008, 02:38 AM
According to several sources, the impression is that CM Punk will not be having a very long WWE World Heavyweight Championship reign. Jason Powel of ProWrestling.net is reporting that the feeling was, Vince McMahon wanted to shake things up in a big way. One source said that nothing should be considered a long-term move in WWE at the moment due to Vince McMahon’s current mindset.

A number of sources also agree that CM Punk’s World Heavyweight Championship reign is similar to Bret Hart winning the WWF Championship by defeating Ric Flair back in 1992. The feeling at that time was Bret Hart would have a short term run with the Championship, however he won fans over quickly. This could mean that there is a possibility of CM Punk doing the same.

Sources feel that ratings and merchandise sales will be a determining factor in CM Punk’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship reign.

Source: pwmania.com

Alright, I say we all go order some Punk merchandise. Who's in?!

panteraopeth
07-04-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Punk's. But it definitely is nice to have someone "new" holding a major title.

I want to see some different people in the main events for a while.

Punisher
07-04-2008, 04:57 AM
^ got to agree with that it is so much better seeing some one else besides HHH, Cena, Batista, and Edge holding a title for once

Kenpachi Zaraki
07-04-2008, 05:27 AM
n Undertaker 2 Chris...............Punk Rulez

Bad Boy
07-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I aint a big fan of CM Punk either, but having someone like him hold a World Title proves that WWE want to try different things... and in the end, the happiness came from Edge LOSING the title...

Darth Fozzy
07-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Lets go get some merchandise!!!!

LionDen
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
i also thought his reign would not last to long but he does have a fan base and if he does this right and is lucky, he could win over alot more fans and keep the title for a while. Good luck Punk :)

tommy
07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I've been a Punk fan since his first aired promo on ECW...so this is just awesome. I'm debating getting the Ribs t-shirt now. I wanna support Punk...but the t-shirt is just...not that good. I have is old tattoo one though...

Pepsi Plunge
07-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I've been a CM Punk since he was in ROH. His fan base is good and could win over a lot more and get ppl to buy his merch. Lets go get CM Punk merch lol :shifty:

debanjan13
07-04-2008, 05:41 PM
well i guess it'll all depend on how his reign goes off...i guess if he gets a good fan support..he'll get a longer reign..which whld be great...as i feel that hes got a lotta potential..and more-over as people have already mentioned..its great to see somebody new hold the title !

tapout
07-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Honestly the best part was HOW he won. Took a page out of Edge's book and used it on Edge. Turn in the Money in the Bank after Edge was knocked out - and on RAW where Vickie didn't have control - - - CLASSIC. I hate to admit it but I almost started giggling like a little school girl when I saw Punk run out with the case and a ref.

Ill Will
07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
I just wished they had waited a little while longer. I think they should have established him on RAW for at least a month or so. There are so many people who had really never given much thought to Punk, what with him being on ECW for so long. I just think they could have had him in a character-building feud first, maybe have him go over someone like JBL before winning the title.

By saying that the length of this title reign will be governed by how much he draws, WWE is kind of setting him up for failure. I really hope this isn't another case of Randy Orton from 2003.

mikedudelang
07-06-2008, 03:34 AM
never really seen much to fall in love with where cm punk is concerned. that said, i'm glad they put the belt on him if, for no other reason, to give us a new look and shake things up a bit.