PDA

View Full Version : Pamela Anderson Stages KFC Protest

Black Widow
07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Pamela Anderson has stayed true to her moral beliefs by staging a protest against KFC, the fast food company that are sponsoring Australian Big Brother which she just so happens to be participating in.

The former Baywatch star has been criticised for her decision to take part in the reality show because of its links to KFC, a company Anderson has previously accused of animal cruelty.

But the strict vegetarian insists she had no idea the programme was sponsored by the fried chicken restaurant, calling it a "coincidence".

Now Pammi has staged a protest outside a Sydney-based KFC outlet, and even compared her time on the show to the battery chickens who are allegedly farmed by the company for their meat.

She told Australian reporters: "I've been in Australia filming Big Brother House, in which my housemates and I are confined and sealed off from the outside world, much like the chickens who are crammed inside barns for KFC.

"Fortunately, I won't be stomped to death, have my legs broken or be scalded to death in a tank of hot water, yet as PETA's (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) undercover videos have revealed, the chickens raised for KFC's restaurants in Australia often suffer these abuses."

entertainmentwise.com

JohnCenaFan28
07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Interesting read, thanks for posting.