PDA

View Full Version : Man trades son's name for petrol

OMEN
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
A Florida man has traded the right to name his unborn son for £50 worth of petrol.

David Partin's son will be called Dixon and Willoughby Partin when he is born around Christmas.

His unusual first names are after the hosts of a local radio show which offered $100 of free gas to the listener who called in with the most interesting item to trade.

Needless to say, Mr Partin's offer to give up the naming rights for his unborn child was a winner, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

But he didn't sell his son out completely. He rejected a request from WHTQ hosts Richard Dixon and J. Willoughby to use the middle name "With Radio's Alan Spector" after their producer.

Mr Partin, 26, a landscaper from Orlando, said: "Hey, man, times are rough. I figure I'll be able to drive around for a couple of weeks on that gas."

The baby's mother, David's girlfriend, Samantha, added: "Well, it was his choice. I'd told him that if it was a girl, I'd name her. And if it was a boy, he'd get to choose."

She agreed her son might hate his name, adding: "But after he grows up some, he'll always have a story about his name. I always wanted that but never did with 'Samantha.' "

Nova

JohnCenaFan28
07-21-2008, 07:13 PM
LOL, wow. Thanks for posting.