PDA

View Full Version : How The Shooting Star Press Returned To WWE

Black Widow
07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
WWE banned the shooting star press and wrestlers were not allowed to use the move until ECW's Evan Bourne started using it as his finishing move. When Bourne was called up, management asked him to provide a list of moves that could be his finisher. He listed the shooting star press and it was initially rejected.

In his debut with the company, Bourne used a double knee drop off the top rope as his finisher. WWE officials felt that move was too similar to what Rey Mysterio does. Bourne was asked to come up with a new finisher and he suggested the shooting star press again. Official asked him to perform the move several times so he can prove that it can be done safe. Bourne performed the move several times and received the approval to use it as his finisher.

tommy
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice. Good thing, cause Bourne's Shooting Star Press looks beautiful. I do wish he'd still do the Here it goes driver, or any of his other moves. It seems like they are trying to make him like Punk, focusing on the kicking moves...

JohnCenaFan28
07-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm glad he proved he could do it, his own is amazing everytime I see him do it:)

legolas4792
07-21-2008, 11:51 PM
i hate sci fi keeping evan bourne away from me:(

panteraopeth
07-22-2008, 02:25 AM
He definitely deserves to do it. The first time I saw him do it the only thing I could think was "Amazing".