PDA

View Full Version : Larry Zbyszko is a Very Smart Man

Flair Country
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
- The Miami Herald has a story on Larry Zbyszko. On pro wrestling today: "I try to help TNA out a little bit, once in a while, but I'm really not involved in that end of the TNA show. I'd like to be. I think TNA has got a good product. They're very nice people who work very hard. I think they need a little help, though. They got the mindset that they have a wrestling show, and they do it too much like Vince McMahon does his wrestling show. They look at it too much as entertainment and not a sport. A lot of these young guys are great athletes who can do some great stuff, but instead of letting them become these athletic guys, they have them do these silly, stupid skits. It's like watching Saturday Night Live. They're all doing skits about everyone's in love with someone else's wife, and no one believes it or cares. Hopefully, they'll wise up. That started to evolved in the 90s. It kind of evolved out of a selfish system that developed actually in the southern regions of the old territories. It was designed to protect the cliques. Like in WWE, Jr. McMahon's show, he likes a handful of guys. You watch it next year and you'll see the same guys - his son-in-lay Triple H and Randy Orton and John Cena - he likes to push and a couple of other guys. They keep the silly storylines going on forever and ever. They keep the same guys in the spotlight forever and ever. The audience thinks it's boring. How many times can you watch the same guy wrestle the same guy? If they got rid of the writers, they'd get rid of the problem. Wrestling is a spectator sport. Writers are something that's killing it. It's not that kind of show."

Gerweck

mikedudelang
07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
i've been watching a lot of awa reruns on espn classic...zbyszko was truly one of the great heels of all time. he could make a crowd HATE him. i think he's right on the money w/ what he's saying about both the wwe and tna.