PDA

View Full Version : Tna Notes And News

Black Widow
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Christopher Daniels is booked for the 8/2 WWC event in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, challenging WWC champion Noriega.

The TNA No Surrender PPV in Oshawa, Ontario pre-sale commences today using code CAGE.

In regard to Midway Games closing the Los Angeles studio yesterday and bringing the majority of the employees there to San Diego, I am told it was long-planned and everyone was well aware the move was coming several months back. It's not an indictment on the TNA game as much as it's a planned contraction within Midway. If the initial TNA game sells well, Midway will immediately begin work on the second installment of the series.

The Miami Herald features an interview with TNA X-Division champion Petey Williams today at this link. Williams noted he originally planned to be a police officer in Windsor, Ontario before training to be a wrestler. When he was asked about the Canadian Destroyer, Williams commented, "I just came up with the move,'' said Williams of his patented flip piledriver. ``The first time somebody saw it was at an IWA Mid-South event . Matt Sydal, who wrestles for WWE's ECW now, was the first one I used it on. It caught the eye of the promoter, and they put the heavyweight title on me. I used the move in TNA, and it won Finisher of the Year.''