PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to this house show? *possible spoilers*

whoblehwah
07-26-2008, 08:15 PM
On Saturday 8/23 RAW's having a house show at MSG. I live in Brooklyn so it doesn't take long to get to MSG. I've never been to a show their and I really wanna go, but the card doesn't look to great. =/

* CM Punk vs. JBL in a World Title Cage Match
* John Cena vs. Batista
* Kofi Kingston vs. Lance Cade for the WWE Intercontinental Title
* Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel w/ "Special Guest"
* Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix for the WWE Women's Title w/ Special Ref Santino Marella
* Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Cryme Tyme for the WWE Tag Team Titles

tommy
07-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Are you kidding? When I first saw that card, I almost wanted to go on a road trip to see it myself. Definitely go. Unless Batista vs Cena happens at summerslam, that will most likely be the first meeting between the two, most likely gonna be a great match. Punk vs JBL in a steel cage should be able to come off well. I liked their first match, even though I hate JBL. Mickie vs Beth is always good, with Santino will make it funny. Rhodes and DiBiase are overflowing with talent, and Cryme Tyme has been energized with this new push, so this should be a very good match. Kofi is a great, entertaining wrestler, and Cade's decent, so that should be a good match. Jericho on the mic is just amazing, so, yeah, I say go.

whoblehwah
07-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Are you kidding? When I first saw that card, I almost wanted to go on a road trip to see it myself. Definitely go. Unless Batista vs Cena happens at summerslam, that will most likely be the first meeting between the two, most likely gonna be a great match. Punk vs JBL in a steel cage should be able to come off well. I liked their first match, even though I hate JBL. Mickie vs Beth is always good, with Santino will make it funny. Rhodes and DiBiase are overflowing with talent, and Cryme Tyme has been energized with this new push, so this should be a very good match. Kofi is a great, entertaining wrestler, and Cade's decent, so that should be a good match. Jericho on the mic is just amazing, so, yeah, I say go.

Hmm..... to be honest I agree except with what you said about Cena/Batista. I don't like either of them. BUT I am a huge Punk fan and a big JBL fan so I'd like that match. Also I havn't really seen anything all that impressive from Rhodes/Dibease. On 8/2 ROH is holding a show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. I'd like to go see that also, but then again I've never been to MSG. Decisions, decisions........

legolas4792
07-27-2008, 02:47 AM
dude house shows are usually always worth going to in my opinion

just make sure you get seats that are not on the floor you may not be close but you have a good view

The Lost Soul 13
07-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Leg nailed it. Not to mention one is the biggest company in the world, at the biggest venue in the world. The other is # 3 company by miles and held in a room where they dance.

tommy
07-27-2008, 06:48 AM

just make sure you get seats that are not on the floor you may not be close but you have a good view

Unless you can get floor seats right next to the ring. One of my friends works at the civic center here and got us those and it was just amazing. I mean, Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton left the ring and brawled right in front of me! Probably more towards the back of the entrance ramp would suck

And to the previous comment, even if you are not a big Batista or Cena fan, this is the match they have been hinting to since the rumble before Wrestlemania 21...it's a long time coming for these two to meet one on one...

Will
07-27-2008, 04:12 PM

I agree with both points. I stopped watching wresting a few years ago but I still try to make it to house shows when they are touring around here. There is nothing like a live show. The pyro, the music, the screaming fans, the women in underwear walking around and/or pretending to fight for little or no apparent reason. How could you not love those things?

As for the seating, I have made exceptions when I can get in the first row or 2 on the floor, but anything farther back that would be a waste of money. I tend to look for seats in the first row of the section directly across from the ring. Its elevated,and still fairly close to the ring, so you can see everything without someone sitting in front of you and blocking your view.

Pepsi Plunge
07-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Go to it and enjoy yourself, I'd give anything to go to a house show like this. If you go please tell us the results and who the special guest is in the Jericho Highlight Reel...Cage Match :)

whoblehwah
07-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Leg nailed it. Not to mention one is the biggest company in the world, at the biggest venue in the world. The other is # 3 company by miles and held in a room where they dance.

1. In terms of WRESTLING ROH > WWE.
2. Got the tickets.

flamesoffury
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
got the tickets to which show? I'd go to both unless they were at conflicting times..

whoblehwah
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
got the tickets to which show? I'd go to both unless they were at conflicting times..

WWE. I REEEEAAAALLY want to go to the ROH show but my friend doesn't watch ROH unfortunatley, none of them do. I only know a few people that watch wrestling but they only watch WWE. The ROH show is this saturday, the WWE show is on 8/23 I think. Here's the card for the ROH show:

* Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli for the ROH Title
* Adam Pearce vs. Brent Albright for the NWA Title
* Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Motor City Machineguns
* Austin Aries vs. The Necro Butcher vs. Jimmy Jacobs
* Go Shiozaki vs. Naomichi Marufuji
* Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards
* Delirious vs. Chris Hero
* Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Jigsaw & Ruckus