PDA

View Full Version : Bride's £2.50 eBay wedding dress

OMEN
07-27-2008, 11:13 PM
A Leicestershire bride bought her dream wedding dress on eBay for £2.50.

Emma Dunn, 23, had been searching for her wedding dress on the internet and eventually found one she liked with a £1,500 price tag.

But she decided to research all her options and it paid off when she found an exact copy of the dress while searching on eBay, reports the Daily Telegraph.

With ten minutes remaining to bid, and no reserve price, Emma quickly put in a bid of £2.50. After a nervous wait, she received an e-mail from China confirming she'd won the auction.

The mum-of-two said: "There were no other bids so I thought I had nothing to lose by typing in £2.50. I got an e-mail back from a man in Shanghai, who said he would make my dress for me, and asked for all my measurements."

Emma, from Melton Mowbray, was delighted when her dress arrived in a Parcel Force van six weeks later.

She said: "It was folded up nicely and neatly and it was an absolutely perfect fit. The postage and packing had cost £16.50 but I didn't mind paying that. People just couldn't believe it when I told them I'd bought it for £2.50."

Emma, a hotel kitchen assistant, and partner Paul Worthington, 31, a machine technician, tied the knot on 19 July in front of a congregation of 100 family and friends.

Her daughter Demi, 18 months, carried a flower wand which cost Emma £9.99 from eBay, and her son Ashton, three, was a page boy.

Emma said: "We had a brilliant day. It shows you don't have to spend loads of money to have a great wedding."

Nova

JohnCenaFan28
07-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the read.