PDA

View Full Version : TNA vs. WWE Thread

Black Widow
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Discuss whether or not:

Will TNA make it big like WWE?

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown?

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show?

Are TNA having booking problems?

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings?

Will TNA ever move to a new channel?

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be?

Does Russo deserve to be fired?

Or anything else TNA vs. WWE related.

Kage
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
First off, great thread, this should get some posting going in this forum. Now onto the good stuff....

Will TNA make it big like WWE? : If they keep doing what they're doing now, no.

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown? : Smackdown maybe, but not Raw.

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show? : No, Booker T and Kurt Angle are big, but two guys don't make a show.

Are TNA having booking problems? : Yes, they do stupid things like putting Robert Roode in the King of the Mountain Match, which SHOULD get him over as a main eventer. And then they go and put him in a tag team feud.

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings? : They don't have a marketable babyface like Cena or Batista to draw ratings.

Will TNA ever move to a new channel? : I don't see why they would, they have a primetime deal with Spike.

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? : Cm Punk. He's one of my favorites and I'd like him to get the push he deserves instead of being an underdog champion. He could also be Tna's marketable babyface I was talking about before.

Does Russo deserve to be fired? : I'd like to see how Tna could do without Russo for a week or two. But to answer the question I don't think he deserves to be fired, he's helped Tna get as far as it has.

flamesoffury
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Will TNA make it big like WWE? Maybe, but highly unlikely.

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown? Raw - No Smackdown - Maybe

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show? Nope.

Are TNA having booking problems? Defenitely

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings? They lack the superstars and audiences.

Will TNA ever move to a new channel? Probably

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? John Cena. He's the biggest merchandise seller for WWE.

Does Russo deserve to be fired? Dunno.

killanate
08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Will TNA make it big like WWE? Maybe.... Yea.....No......Yea definitely yea

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown? Smackdown yes...Raw Maybe

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show? Yea they just need to advertis and make their own stars

Are TNA having booking problems? Yea, so do WWE,ROH,CMLL,AAA,CZW and so on

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings? Making boring unwatchable matches

Will TNA ever move to a new channel? yea ABC

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? Crime Time, Evan Borne

Does Russo deserve to be fired? No

mikedudelang
08-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Will TNA make it big like WWE?

Not even if the world spin another million years. Not even if Donald Trump the company and put 20 million into hiring talent. The WWE has brand recognition like TNA could only dream about and Vince is too smart (and too paranoid) to ever let another WCW jump up and catch him.

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown?

Nope. RAW and Smackdown are simply better produced shows. They're also on better networks and the WWE is a publicly traded company, meaning it exist on a scale the likes of which TNA will never reach, at least as currently constituted.

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show?

A 'higher rated show'? Sure. A lot of that can be accomplished with better stories and better feuds. But they'll never reach the WWE ratingswise.

Are TNA having booking problems?

I think they put on a pretty good show. I like the Angle/Styles thing...like how they've really let it grow and fester rather than having it blow up quickly and fade. I also think the Booker T signing was a good move and I like how he's done w/ Joe. I don't care for how they're handling Christian or or Team 3D and I think Samoa Joe is wayyyyyy more entertaining chasing the belt than he is carrying it.

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings?

Spending a million dollars a show. Vince is just too far ahead in the game and has too much experience. While Jarrett was wrestling (often times for Vince), McMahon was busy building an empire.

If they can find a network w/ a larger viewership, of course they will. Staying on Spike if some like Fox wanted you would be just plain stupid.

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be?

Well, if I wanted TNA to have a shot at touching the WWE, it would have to be John Cena. Not only would you instantly cripple the WWE by taking the face of their entire franchise, you'd also have a young, good-looking, PROVEN superface that you could throw every penny of your marketing behind.

Does Russo deserve to be fired?

Sure, why not? No reason behind this...just never cared for the guy on tv or in interviews.

Kenpachi Zaraki
08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Will TNA make it big like WWE? I hope so........... they have the potential they need to use it properly

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown? Maybe in another 10 years :P

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show? They have stars but need to get more people in. They must make sure ppl don't jump ship like Killings n Chris Harris did.

Are TNA having booking problems? Yes they do n they will continue to do so. They misuse ppl.Completely agree on the Roode thing above. They are using two ppl wjo are ready to come uo and Main Event in a Tag feud (Beer Money Inc.). Let's see how they use Foley though. Bobby Lashley will give them some more mileage but will fizzle out like he did earlier.Missing out on Lesnar was a big loss.

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings? Having properly booked feuds and discouraging the X-Division.(WWE dont do tht still)

Will TNA ever move to a new channel? Don't know

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? Well Foley is coming in although I would hv liked Jericjho or CM Punk there.

Does Russo deserve to be fired? No

3D-Shadow
09-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Kind of off the idea of this forum but anyway my opinion is that when i first started watching TNA a few years ago(When Sting Returned) their storylines were exciting and interesting for about that year, and the wrestling was really good and exciting, however slowly TNA have been heading more and more away from their 'roots' as such and creative has been lacking any fire over the past few months, however where this storyline of young vs. old is heading could be entertaining. I'd look to see Jarrett return and tell Sting that he created TNA and the reason TNA is where it is, is because of him not Sting, I'm picking the storyline will involve Jarrett, Sting, AJ, Joe, Angle, And Booker T possibly Cage getting involved, ultimately i'm just speculating but could be exciting

Basically if TNA want to pick up their ratings creative need to be well more creative, i haven't watched WWE in months or followed so I don't know how their stories are atm but the DX return story has probably been one of their better in the past four years apart from that they've been rubbish from what I know of

rassling fanatic
10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
WWe can afford to under acheive because they have a strong audiance that will watch regardless.
TNA's audiance is much, much smaller than Vince's audiance. They have a bunch of people working for them who have never been part of something that has grown from the ground up. They need to build an audiance while they are booking as if they already have a large audiance. They book like they are in Vince's position.

being31s
10-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Will TNA make it big like WWE? Maybe...they have a chance but they need to market themselves better to attract a larger audience

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown? Maybe several years from now.

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show? They do but they need better stories to use hte stars properly.

Are TNA having booking problems? Yes but so does all the other companies.

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings? WWE has the better storylines and fueds plus they make better use of their talent. TNA should start with better storylines and work from there.

Will TNA ever move to a new channel? All deoends on how popular they become.

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? John Cena would be the best pick since he would provide a large fan draw for TNA.

Does Russo deserve to be fired? No he has been working hard to get the company moving.

3D-Shadow
11-04-2008, 02:17 AM
If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? John Cena would be the best pick since he would provide a large fan draw for TNA.

As much as I don't like John Cena, you're 100% right if TNA got his hands on him I think the fan draw would be huge, too bad WWE would do nearly anything to hold onto him particularly at this point

HellF1
02-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Will TNA make it big like WWE? Like WWE No But TNA will Make It Big

Will TNA out-rate Raw/Smackdown? Raw No Smackdown Mabey

Does TNA have the star power to provide a higher rating show? it relies A little much on the big stars but if they get a bigger roster ya

Are TNA having booking problems? lol hell if i know

What is TNA not doing that WWE are doing to get the ratings? Ok Most Of WWE Superstars want a paycheck or they wont work Alot Of TNA Wrestlers have passion

If a certain WWE star signed with TNA, Who would you like it to be? Jeff Hardy Mabey

ironicicon
02-25-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm going to break formula because, well, I hate formulas. :D However, I'm a fan of both. I'm used to WWE, have been watching it for about 10 years now and earlier in my childhood. When TNA got the tv deal and opened themselves up to a bigger audience, I, like many others, I'm sure, jumped at the chance to see another wrestling show. In the beginning, I liked it. New guys breaking new ground. It was exciting. They did their own thing. Now, however, and it's no offense to the talent there, especially the new guys, but they seem to have become WWE-lite. They seem to have steered away from what made it different and focused on the similiarities between them and WWE which is not a good idea. As much as I am a fan of the veterans, they take up way too much tv time and are in the front burner. I mean, the next ppv main event is Sting against Angle. Two fan favorites, love them or hate them, they have their fan base, but it's not exciting to see Sting retain once again, or Angle add another notch to his accolades, once again. I wanted TNA to showcase this next generation of stars and champions but instead, it's giving the limelight to people that have already stepped in the limelight before and casting shadows on those that have yet to achieve that goal. The MEM/Frontline storyline had promise, but it lost me a few weeks into it as it, yet again, began to focus solely on the vets. It should be a perfect opportunity to showcase the talent that has yet to have been displayed, but instead, it goes the way of WWE-lite.

I'm not the most educated on things wrestling, aside from what I read here and on one or two other sites, but to me if you're going to compete with a corporation like the WWE, you need to do what the other side isn't doing and that's giving people something that they haven't seen before, instead of what they've seen over and over again. Just makes sense to me. TNA, at the moment, seems directionless. I watch it and rarely can figure out who's feuding with who and what the hell is going on with this person. I say, get the younger guys out there by using this MEM/Frontline storyline to put them out there for others to see and give them good storylines to be in. I realize that not all storylines will be original and they don't have to me. To me, it's about the chemistry of the people in the feuds that make it all worthwhile and the story they tell. Some people tell better stories together than others. It's just the way it is. In other words, so I can end my thesis here, :D, be original and showcase those guys that are the future of the company because the vets aren't going to be here forever and if you don't know what you have to work with, how are you going to succeed? In short, take a chance.

Okay, I'm done. :lol: