PDA

View Full Version : SNME Edits And Cuts Lots Of News And Notes

The RKO
08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Source PWMania
Saturday Night's Main Event Gets Edited; Lots Of News & Notes

Reported by Andy Steven on 08/03/2008
-- During tonight's telecast, WWE edited out a huge "You Can't Wrestle" chant directed at The Great Khali in his match with Jimmy Wang Yang at Monday's Saturday Night's Main Event taping. It was a really audible chant that took place mid-way through the match. The very same chant took place at the Backlash pay-per-view I attended back in April. They also cut out CM Punk's entrance at the start of the show. During a commercial break I believe, WWE aired a video showing a bunch of celebrities and their involvement with WWE. I forgot to point out in my earlier report that when John McCain was shown on the screen, he was heavily booed by the audience. On the other hand, Barack Obama got quite a bit of cheers. In another note, I'm not too sure how it came off on TV, but when Shane McMahon announced Mike Adamle as the new General Manager of Raw, it got next to no reaction from the audience. I think people didn't know what to make of it. And last but not least, a certain sign I held up right before the final commercial break of tonight's Saturday Night's Main Event telecast didn't get blurred or anything, like I was expecting. It was quite visible during the spot in which Edge rammed Jeff Hardy into the barricade. The sign was confiscated by WWE personnel about a minute later by the way.

-- The TV preview for Saturday Night's Main Event said Toby Keith, Jewel, Piers Morgan, Carmen Electra, Billy Ray Cyrus and the cast of Nashville Star would be joining Jenny McCarthy on the show. Besides McCarthy, we only saw Carmen Electra during tonight's telecast of those listed. I didn't see any videos from the others at the show, and I thought they'd splice them in during the telecast, but I guess not. Videos of Ben Stiller and Jeff Foxworthy also aired during the telecast. A brief clip of Piers Morgan was shown in a promotional video promoting the cause in a video packaged this week, and a video from Toby Keith was shown during last night's SmackDown.

-- A minute or two before the final commercial break, the High Definition broadcast of Saturday Night's Main Event suddenly cut to the Standard Definition feed in my area. A weather warning played a few seconds later, so it was probably due to that. I also heard that the HD feed didn't air in some areas.

-- Saturday Night's Main Event is being preempted in the Detroit area until 2:00 A.M. tonight due to a two-hour special on the 20th Anniversary of the Palace of Auburn Hills that aired from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

JohnCenaFan28
08-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for this.