PDA

View Full Version : F***ing Tags....

OMEN
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Please can somebody sort out the technology forum as every time i try to post a story or article in there it keeps on saying there are too many or not enough tags in the post and won't let me complete it...
I have tried a whole lot of things to fix this including using the additional tag bar that Lion added and even changing the title of the articles and stories so there are no bloody tags and still it will not bloody work.....

This never used to be a problem when posting stuff before so what is going on?

Thanks..

Kellie
08-06-2008, 04:05 PM
I just reposted the same threads you have done and didnt encounter any problems in that section

OMEN
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I wish it wasn't happening to me either but now it's started in other places in UOW.....

This is alli get......
http://i36.tinypic.com/4h4osn.jpg

Hey if i am to blame and doing something wrong then please tell me how to fix it as it's driving me nuts...

Black Widow
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
i tried to its ok for me

Kellie
08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
If you are adding tags then dont, the threads adds tags by itself, it may ask you to remove common words and it wil tell you which words to remove if needed

The RKO
08-06-2008, 04:18 PM
It's annoying,happens when you've got common words as tags or short tags can Lion get rid of tags?

Kellie
08-06-2008, 04:20 PM
We arent getting rid of the tags, they arent a problem, it isnt hard to remove common words if needed

Kenpachi Zaraki
08-06-2008, 05:59 PM
doesn't happen 2 me :shifty:

OMEN
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I think after just about trying everything...I may have cracked it and stopped those awful bloody tag announcements showing up...
One Question though( And iam NOT trying cause any shit,As i realize that i seem to be the only person on UOW that seems t have a problem with them..) Why do we actually need them?
In all the time before they were added we never had to remove any common words or anything from posts before adding them to the site and now we do....

The RKO
08-07-2008, 12:56 AM
I agree they don't help us.

Kellie
08-07-2008, 01:05 AM
You are new here RKO and probably havent even used them or know what they are about, so I dont know why you are even commenting when you havent had the time to use them

The tags are helpful with searching the forum, they give a more indepth search than the search feature

The RKO
08-07-2008, 01:13 AM
You are new here RKO and probably havent even used them or know what they are about, so I dont know why you are even commenting when you havent had the time to use them

The tags are helpful with searching the forum, they give a more indepth search than the search feature

Well actually I've been posting threads and it's come up with take out common words or it's to short and it just came up a minute ago.

Kenpachi Zaraki
08-07-2008, 06:08 AM
they help a lot