PDA

View Full Version : Abyss Interview

Black Widow
08-06-2008, 07:02 PM
August 5, 2008 - Abyss is the Energizer Bunny of TNA. At the company since seemingly its inception, neither thumbtacks nor fire have been able to take Abyss down. The man wears scars up and down his arm to work everyday courtesy his barbed wire war with Sabu, so it's fortunate that he works full-time for TNA.

We asked a fortunately sedate monster about his videogame past and "getting the extra fighter".

IGN: You've been in TNA seemingly since the beginning. How rewarding is it for you to see the evolution of the company culminate in this game?

Abyss: Not to overutilize the term, but it's a dream come true. It's like when the action figures came out. I heard when I started out that you made it when you have your own action figure and video game. I grew up playing a lot of wrestling video games, and to be in one is kind of a dream come true.

IGN: What was your favorite game going up?

Abyss: Hmmm...I'm gonna go old-school, but my favorites were Pitfall, Tecmo Bowl...

IGN: Did you play as the Raiders?

Abyss: Yeah, I was always the Raiders.

IGN: That's like playing with a cheat code!

Abyss: Yeah, that's why I chose them. I always wanted to win, so I picked them.

IGN: What else besides Pitfall and Tecmo Bowl?

Abyss: 1941's a very good game. Frogger, Space Invaders, Galaga's probably one of my favorites...getting the extra fighter always made me happy.

IGN: That could be a euphemism or a metaphor for other stuff in life.

Abyss: Getting the second wind, getting the advantage, yeah, sure. I always got excited when I got the extra man and then sad when I shot it down accidentally.

IGN: What about when it comes to wrestling games?

Abyss: I've played a lot of the WWE games and stuff...I haven't played them in a few years, but back when they first came out. The one I remember specifically was the arcade one where you could do the Royal Rumble and the tag teams, WrestleFest.

IGN: Who did you pick as your tag team in that game?

Abyss: Abyss wasn't available, so I don't know. I usually picked the big boys, so maybe Earthquake, Slaughter, Dibiase, those guys. I usually liked to match teams that I didn't see in real-life, so Warrior and Dibiase maybe, someone like that.

IGN: What do you think about your appearance in TNA Impact? Is it authentic?

Abyss: Yeah man, it's unbelieveable. I can't believe the technology, and when I saw it on a HD screen, it's amazing that it's video and not reality. The graphics and detail is what amazes me the most. It's top-notch and the highest quality around. It's such a big accomplishment to have a game second to none in the world. It really feels good for the whole company.

IGN: One of the opportunities you have in this game is to compete in Ultimate X.

Abyss: Yeah! I wanna play it in the video game since I'll never actually be in an Ultimate X, although I'd love to do it since it's a challenge, but in the videogame, it's like playing it in real-life, so, that's the first thing I'll do when I get the game.

IGN: So then, who's in your dream Ultimate X match?

Abyss: AJ. I love working with AJ, and Ultimate X with me and him would add a different element to it. Any match with him is awesome.

The Olympic Chick
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Nice read, thanks for posting this.

cspyke1127
08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm surprised that he chose AJ and not like Christian or Kurt...