PDA

View Full Version : Benjamin Pressured Backstage

JohnCenaFan28
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Prowrestling.net is reporting that management continues to pressure Shelton Benjamin to better himself in the ring and on the mic. Benjamin has a backstage reputation of being a worker that does just enough to get by, but does not challenge himself to get better. Although officials do not view him as a main event player, they feel confident that he can be a great upper-mid card talent. It should be noted that management is pleased with his response to their efforts, which is most likely why he's been rewarded with a US title run.

flamesoffury
08-07-2008, 11:28 PM
He defenitely needs to improve his mic work. Well, if he wants to be in the main event. I do think he's a really good in-ring performer though. Doesn't need to improve that yet.

tommy
08-08-2008, 01:04 AM
He defenitely needs to improve his mic work. Well, if he wants to be in the main event. I do think he's a really good in-ring performer though. Doesn't need to improve that yet.

A few months ago I would have disagreed with you, but I haven't seen him in any major botches in a while, so I think he is trying to improve. Let's see if having a belt again will help him.

mikedudelang
08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
I think Shelton is GREAT in the ring, one of the best in the WWE. His mic skills are awful. AWFUL. But that may just be the way it is with him. Some guys just don't have the mic talent. Jeff Hardy is one of those guys. He's brutal on the mic. So is his brother, Matt. They're over with the fans. Shelton can be too...just keep pushing him as U.S. Champ and give him a good feud...it'll work.

tommy
08-08-2008, 02:45 AM
I think Shelton is GREAT in the ring, one of the best in the WWE. His mic skills are awful. AWFUL. But that may just be the way it is with him. Some guys just don't have the mic talent. Jeff Hardy is one of those guys. He's brutal on the mic. So is his brother, Matt. They're over with the fans. Shelton can be too...just keep pushing him as U.S. Champ and give him a good feud...it'll work.

Both Hardy's (especially Jeff) have been improving with more time on the mic, however. Benjamin has gotten a lot more mic time since his gold standard gimmick, and he hasn't improved at all.

debanjan13
08-08-2008, 05:47 PM
yeah i guess its his mic skills he needs to work on...his in ring skills are fine..and the guy can always put up a good performance!