PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown/ECW Results From Syracuse, New York; Edgeheads Turn On Edge

Black Widow
08-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Results from the ECW/SMACKDOWN Summerslam tour at the Onondaga County War Memorial Oncenter Arena.

Quick notes before the results, this was not a sellout by any means. Tons, and I mean tons, of empty seats. And when you can buy $60.00 front row tixs at the door night of the show it isn't a good sign...Maria was guest hostess and did the usual "ask fans questions to move to better seats" as well as picking kids out of the crowd to be guest manager, bell ringer, time keeper etc...Plus a possible face turn in a title match later which I will tell you about.

But aside from the disappointing crowd those that were there loved every minute of the show and there was a lot of fun action.

The show started of with Teddy Long coming out and welcoming us to the show and running down the matches including some major changes to the show like Big Show vs. Edge in a Syracuse Street Fight, Jeff Hardy challenging Shelton for the U.S. Title and the fans picking the stip for the tag team championship match. If I recall the choices were a 2/3 falls match, a lumberjack match and I can't recall the 3rd choice maybe a brawl or falls count anywhere type.

Onto the matches...

Match 1. Evan Bourne beat Kenny Dykstra. Kenny was wearing a I Love NY t-shirt except he had an X on New York and put in Boston. Evan won the match following him hitting the shooting star press. Good match and the kids were into Bourne.

Match 2. R-Truth beat The Brian Kendrick. Truth came out doing his former dance/singing schtick from TNA including the What's Up song. He pins Brian with a roll up in a surprise win and that really popped the crowd.

Match 3. Jeff Hardy beat Shelton Benjamin in the U.S. Title match by DQ. Back and forth match with Jeff selling some leg injury. Ending came when MVP came out to try to distract Jeff but it backfires, then gets Shelton disqualified for breaking up a pin attempt. Post match Jeff and MVP brawled for about 3-5 min.

Match 4. Michele McCool beat Victoria in the Divas championship match. It was a so-so match. Victoria slips and falls doing a comedy routine and later Michele makes Victoria tap.

Match 5. Finlay w/ Hornswoggle beat Mike Knox. Fun Brawl. After match was over Finlay and Hornswaggle danced with 5 kids in the ring.

Intermission time

Match 6. Tag Team Championship match The Edgeheads beat Jesse and Festus and it was a lumberjack match. The lumberjacks were everyone from the earlier matches except Jeff Hardy and the Divas. Great back and forth match and my god Festus is awesome in person. As in most lumberjack matches the heels tried to beat on the faces, namely Jesse, but he was quick. Near the end a brawl broke out the somehow the Edgeheads won to retain the title but after the match all the wrestlers start to brawl but the heels get thrown out. Before they could make it to the back someone rings the bell and brings Festus back to life.

Match 7. ECW Championship Mark Henry beat Matt Hardy. Short match Henry dominates early on then Matt starts to build momentum before going after Tony Atlas then getting caught by Mark and pinned.

Match 8. Big Show beat Edge in the Syracuse Street Fight. This was a fun comedy brawl with Show chopping the hell out of Edge's chest. Edge doing his funny facials. Finally near the end of the match Edge tried to escape and is met by the Edgeheads who proceed to grab Edge and throw him back into a Big Show chokeslam onto a garbage can for the win. After the match the Edgeheads tried to celebrate with Show when he double chokedslammed them and left.

All in all a fun night of wrestling action. They said the usual "we will come back real soon". But who knows how long. The wrestlers were interacting all night with the fans high fiveing them and signing autographs for a few but not being nasty about it. During the tag team match MVP who was a lumberjack was jacking with the crowd right in front of me and a kid asked Kenny D. how many Sweet Chin Musics he took as a gay cheerleader and MVP broke out and said "more then you do kid, cause that is what he is paid to do and we are all paid well." It was extremely funny.

JohnCenaFan28
08-10-2008, 07:22 PM
LMAO at MVP telling off that kid. Thanks for the read.