PDA

View Full Version : Latifah to run for office

OMEN
06-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Queen Latifah wants to run for office. The rapper-turned-actress announced her plans after visiting the House Of Representatives in Washington, DC.

She said: "You know, maybe I'll run for Senate, but I still have a few wild years to get out of the way first!"

'Ice Age 2: The Meltdown' star Latifah - who was promoting National Women's Confidence Day - hopes other people can learn from her fight to be successful.

She told America's People magazine: "I have always felt strongly about empowering women.

"I'm living proof that, with confidence and by believing in yourself, you can accomplish any goal."She added: "I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants."

Meanwhile, Latifah recently revealed she is desperate to have children.

She admitted her biological clock is ticking, but despite having a "great" love life, hasn't found the right man yet.

The 36-year-old, who is single, wears a platinum ring on her wedding finger but says that will change.

She explained: "When I meet the right man who can treat me as well as I treat myself, I will take this ring off and replace it with his."
http://vne-resource.iol.co.za/25/images/logos/logo63