PDA

View Full Version : Aussie plea for 'ugly Sheilas'

OMEN
08-18-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1405605.jpg
A town mayor in Australia has upset the locals by suggesting that ugly women should move there.
John Molony is the Mayor of Mount Isa, a remote mining town in Queensland, where there's a massive shortage of women.

According to the most recent census in 2006, there were just 819 women aged 20-24 living there out of a total population of 21,421.

Mr Molony proposed a novel solution to the lack of eligible ladies in an interview with the Townsville Bulletin: "With five blokes to every girl, may I suggest that beauty-disadvantaged women should proceed to Mount Isa.

"Quite often you will see walking down the street a lass who is not so attractive with a wide smile on her face. Whether it is recollection of something previous or anticipation for the next evening, there is a degree of happiness," he said.

"Some, in other places in Australia, need to proceed to Mount Isa where happiness awaits. Really, beauty is only skin deep. Isn't there a fairy tale about an ugly duckling that evolves into a beautiful swan," he added.

The council has since been swamped with complaints from both men and women.

Fellow councillor Jean Ferris isn't impressed: "It's an absolute disgrace," she told the Courier Mail. "It's not council's view and it's not mine. We're definitely appalled," she said.

But the mayor has refused to apologise for the remarks - saying he was "telling it like it is" and insisting he is "a bloke who respects women".

"I believe we should look after women," he said. "I'm told men outnumber women here by five to one. If that's the case, then perhaps it's an opportunity for some lonely women."

Nova

Black Widow
08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
:lol: let the move to my room :shifty:

JohnCenaFan28
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the interesting read.