PDA

View Full Version : Pitt and tarantino face backlash for war film

OMEN
08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn1876614_big.jpg
Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino are facing a possible backlash for their forthcoming World War II film Inglorious Bastards, which depicts violent attacks on German soldiers.

The movie - Tarantino's remake of a 1978 Italian film - reportedly stars Pitt as a US Army lieutenant who leads a group of Jewish-Americans dropped into Nazi-occupied Europe to seek revenge.

A leaked quote from the script, obtained by the New York Post, reveals Pitt's character barking at soldiers: "Every man under my command owes me 100 Nazi scalps, and y'all will git (get) me 100 Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of 100 dead Nazis, or die trying."

And critics believe the film's portrayal of German characters, in addition to the violent events, will spark outrage amongst German citizens.

According to a report by The Times of London: "It is not just the scalping, or the carving of swastikas in foreheads, or the shooting of a German officer's testicles, or the slow strangling scene - all shown with Tarantino's customary love of detail - that is likely to upset the German nation and its critics.

"It is the whole idea of turning the Second World War into a comic-book adventure in which not a single German character has redeeming value."

In a recent interview, Tarantino said: "I don't want it to feel like a period film. This is a modern, in-your-face movie."

Tiscali

JohnCenaFan28
08-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the read.