PDA

View Full Version : Applegate Has Double Mastectomy

Black Widow
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Hollywood star Christina Applegate says she is free of cancer after having both breasts removed to combat the disease.

Ms Applegate, 36, who revealed publicly just weeks ago that she had breast cancer, said the double mastectomy had been performed a month after her diagnosis.

She told Good Morning America: "I didn't want to go back to the doctors every four months for testing and squishing and everything.

"I just wanted to kind of get rid of this whole thing for me. This was the choice that I made and it was a tough one."

She added: "Sometimes, you know, I cry. And sometimes I scream. And I get really angry. And I get really, upset, you know, into wallowing in self-pity sometimes. And I think that it's all part of the healing."

The Emmy Award-winning star is best known for playing Kelly Bundy in long-running sitcom Married With Children.

The show, a comedy about a dysfunctional family living in Chicago, lasted 11 seasons from 1987 to 1997, with Applegate playing the daughter, a promiscuous bimbo and stereotypical "dumb blonde".

The actress has since established a film career, with major roles in productions such as Farce Of The Penguins and Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy.

However her 2002 movie The Sweetest Thing was a commercial flop. The story concerns party girls Courtney Rockcliffe (Applegate) and Christina Walters (Cameron Diaz).

They attempt to ease their roommate's relationship-induced depression by taking her on a girls' night out.

In contrast, Applegate's latest TV project Samantha Who? was a success. She stars as Samantha Newly, a 30-year-old vice president of a real estate company.

After becoming the victim of a hit-and-run accident, Applegate's character develops full retrograde amnesia and has to rediscover her life, her relationships and herself, despite the fact that she does not like the person she once was.

sky news

JohnCenaFan28
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the read.