PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd will reunite, insists former drummer

OMEN
06-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Former Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason is convinced the legendary band will re-unite.

Mason is convinced he can convince the other members, namely frontman Roger Waters and guitarist David Gilmour, to put their differences aside and reunite the band for a future tour.

He told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "I've just finished playing with David at his recent solo concerts and I'm about to play a show with Roger. I call myself the Henry Kissinger of Pink Floyd! It would be down to me, I guess, to sort it all out."

The group did reform for last year's Live 8 charity concert, in London, and their performance was considered the highlight of the show by many observers.

However, Mason insists if the band were to ever reform for a full tour, they would have to do it because they want to not for money.

He said: "I'd love for it to happen again ad I really do think Pink Floyd will play together again - but it would have to be for love, not money."

-Bang! Showbiz

Although it's going to be real difficult to get tickets for any of their shows it will br great to see PInk Floyd reforming and going on tour again...

Kellie
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I would love to see them live just to hear them sing "Learning to Fly"

A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Sunshine Acid
06-24-2006, 12:44 AM
I would love to see them live just to hear them sing "Learning to Fly"

A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Sadly if they got back together I don't think they would play Learning to Fly because it is a post-Waters Floyd song. If Roger Waters reformed with the band he probably wouldn't want any of Gilmour era Floyd songs on the setlist just as the other members probably would want to do without any songs form The Final Cut on the set list. All for the sake of keeping tension away. Sort of a shame since there are a few good songs from those albums.

I would cry if they did a reunion tour, but the best would be if they got back into the studio again. I wonder what they could do today with all 4 of them working together like they did on Darkside of the Moon.