PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy answers your questions - First batch

Black Widow
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Dudeisawesome What is your take on the Favre/Packers split?

Kennedy - I'm saddened by it actually, and I think that to some degree, both sides are to blame. I had wished that Favre would have ended his career wearing the Green and Gold which is probably just selfish of me. I really wish that his pending retirement hadn't turned into the circus that it did year after year after year. I understand that they need to look to the future, but the ultimate responsibility of the team is to win games and SuperBowls. For some reason management seems to have forgotten that the Pack was one or two plays shy of going to the Super Bowl last year and that they were led there by Brett Favre. Now it's true that one man cannot make the team alone, but no-one will deny the fact that Brett Favre did a lot for the team and the city of GB over the last 16 years, and I think it was absolutely ridiculous to tell him that he would play second string to Aaron Rodgers. Ridiculocity! Yeah, I made that shit up!

Rob - With The Release of your upcoming Movie Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia, is it possible we may see any crossover on WWE TV between yourself and your co-star Joe Manganiello? and what info can you disclose on your character in the film?

Kennedy -You never know. Joe is a huge wrestling fan and would constantly amaze me with his trivial wrestling knowledge. He says that when he was a kid, he told his mom that he wanted to be either a pro-wrestler or a pimp! HA! That's no joke! In BEL:C, I play Chief Carter Holt, who is a U.S. Navy Seal. My character and Joe Mangienello's character are best buds that stems from going through the same "BUD/S" class (Basic Underwater Demolition/ Seal training). We basically go into Colombia with our 5 man Seal Team on a recon mission and run into some heavy stuff. We end up stuck "Behind Enemy Lines" and have to work with each other to get the hell out and save our names from being run through the mud.

ReCord - What was the most difficult part of shooting a movie? Was performing in front of a director easier or harder than performing in front of 20,000 people?

Kennedy - I'd say that the most difficult part for me was getting up at 4:30 every morning for a 5:15am pickup and getting back to the hotel at 9pm knowing that the next day you have to do it all over again. I frickin HATE mornings!! We were on a very tight schedule, and I worked 5 days a week for 6 weeks on that schedule. It was also very taxing physically because there was a lot of action and we always did multiple takes of everything. We shot in a rainforest the first two days and when we got back to our trailer at the end of the day soaked to the bone from both rain and sweat, and Joe and I agreed that it may have been the hardest thing that either of us had ever done including my days in boot camp!! I think that it's harder to work in front of a director than a live crowd, because it's harder to turn on your emotions and pretend that somebody's chasing you, when nobody is.

Dani - What have been some of the most memorable people you've come across throughout your 10 years in the wrestling industry - be it for negative or positive reasons? (Great workers, sloppy workers, egomaniacs, the longshots, etc.) & any idea what any of them are up to now?

Kennedy - There was this guy on the indy scene in Wisconsin who when I broke in was already a GRIZZLED THREE YEAR VET named Adrian Lynch that still sticks out in my mind to this day. We actually used to get along, until I realized that he was such a negative prick. When Daivari and I used to do as many WWE dark matches as possible, he used to say with his nasally voice, "You know that they're just ribbing you guys right? I mean they just think you guys are two goofs and you're never gonna get hired because you guys have done too many jobs for them!!" Friggin awesome, right? I mean this is the kind of stuff that continues to drive me to this day. He always used to bury the green guys too in front of the whole locker room. He'd stand behind the curtain and just go ballistic the minute they walked through the curtain after they'd "done something wrong" in their indy match. I don't know, I always thought that was the place to make mistakes, and I was always taught that the best way to deal with people was to pull them off to the side. I really feel sorry for him to this day, because he actually was a decent worker, but always chose to go out and do the same boring bullshit every match. You could literally stand behind the curtain and call what he was gonna do before he did it. "Lock up, headlock, tackle, "He pulled my hair!" Lock-up, headlock, hiptoss, "He pulled my tights!" Rock and Roll Buck Zumhoffe was another great personality, and seriously all I can say is WOW! I remember the first time I met him he was in a locker-room in Eau Claire, WI and he was naked and bent over saying "Anybody see my toothbrush? I can't find my toothbrush!!" Then he turned around and he had his toothbrush clenched between his wrinkly old buttcheeks! Great memories.

That-Damn-Good - Would you ever like to start a faction and if so, who would you want in it?

Kennedy - Matt Hardy, Gregory Helms, and myself. Since we always rode together, we'd hang out in the locker-rooms together too. We hung out with everybody, and we didn't screw around and rib anybody, we were just good friends. One day Matt, Helms, and I were in the trainer's room and we were laughing and joking around about something but kind of keeping it to ourselves. Tatanka walked in and saw us laughing and said "Aahh, it's the new CLIQ!! Kennedy, you moving to North Carolina anytime soon?" He was just kidding around but we kinda took the joke and ran with it and started calling ourselves the "CCB's" for "Click, CLIQ, BOOOOOM!!" This actually has another meaning which is pretty damned funny. After the whole deal with Edge and Lita went down, Matt went out one night to a club in Raleigh. This Arabic guy comes up and says "Hey just so you know, I think that shit with you and Edge is BULLSHIT man! If you need anything let me know. Give ME the coordinates!! He'll go out to his car one day and click...click-click..........BOOM!" Matt said that the guy was serious as a heart attack too!

Lizzy - Where, what kind of match, and from who would you like to win your first world title from, and why? (If you could choose, of course.)

Kennedy - I always say that I'm an equal opportunity ass-kicker and I would truly be honored to win any title, from any opponent in the WWE. But if I absolutely had to pick one, I'd say Shawn Michaels for obvious reasons.

A-Thousand-Lies -How do you feel now being a face? Do you like being a fan favourite and having the oppurtunity to work against heels, or do you prefer to insult the crowd and bury other faces?

Kennedy - What's a face? What's a heel? Just kidding. I guess that I've always wanted to turn face eventually. The first meeting that I had with Vince he asked me what I'd rather do, and I told him that I always found that being the new kid on the block made it very hard to get cheered, but very easy to be booed. I thought it would be best to be introduced as a heel and then eventually do something to switch. one thing is for certain though. Heels have more fun!!

WooKennedy -Excluding the obvious answer of yourself ,what current wrestler in any company do you personally rank as the best, either techniqually or charismatically?

Kennedy - Shawn Michaels. He prides himself on taking the small stuff and making it important. He also tries to learn and incorporate new things into his arsenal. I remember when he was wrestling Randy, he'd get in the ring every day with Jamie Noble and Jamie would teach him new holds and reversals. It really says something about a legendary wrestler, who's arguably the best in the history of the business, who's willing to learn new things from the young guys.

Ricardo- Hey ken We know you are dedicated to the WWE, and we would like to see u return ASAP. however, if you do require surgery, would u still be keeping us updated with your progress and maybe cutting some promos? Like the sort of thing Orton did a couple years ago.

Kennedy - That kind of stuff is totally out of my hands. If the great and powerful McMahon wants it, he gets it. If not, he doesn't. Simple as that. I'd tell you that sometimes it's best just to be away completely for awhile and really let the fans yearn to have you back!!

jfk -What did you learn in your brief but memorable program with Ric Flair, and how do you feel about having had a chance to work with arguably the greatest wrestler of all time before his retirement?

Kennedy - I just had so much fun working that short program with him, and really just being able to go out and work a match without calling a thing beforehand and really rely on instincts was one of the most important things that I learned. There was also a promo that we did in the ring and there was some stuff that I really just felt at the moment and wanted to say, but held back. Afterwards, he told me that I should have just gone with it and he would have adjusted, which probably would have made the promo more interesting and realistic. So I once again learned to just follow my instincts because instincts are usually right.

ken-kennedy.com