PDA

View Full Version : Full Details On Gail Kim Returning To WWE

JohnCenaFan28
08-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I can now confirm my earlier reports that former TNA Knockout’s champion Gail Kim is returning to the WWE and is in the process of parting ways with TNA Wrestling to join either the WWE Raw women’s or Smackdown Diva’s division.

Gail Kim’s TNA contract is/was up for expiration and WWE simply gave her an offer that was better than what TNA had offered her, or she just wanted to move back to the big leagues even though TNA could match the offer.

It’s believed that there was no heat between Kim and TNA management and it was just the simple fact that she’d rather work for WWE now that they’ve shown interest in her again.

In conjunction with the move WWE have re-activated their trademark name of Gail Kim, which means no other company can portray a women’s wrestler called Gail Kim. TNA were allowed to use her name because it’s her real name.

Kim has been a main part of TNA since her debut, standing alongside Jeff Jarrett in main event angles before moving on and pioneering the TNA Knockouts division. She won her only WWE title in her debut match.

Source: WrestlingTruth

Flair Country
08-22-2008, 03:35 AM
It’s believed that there was no heat between Kim and TNA management and it was just the simple fact that she’d rather work for WWE now that they’ve shown interest in her again.

Typical...

What about all that talk about how TNA was changing the face of women's wrestling and it made WWE's division look like a cheerleading squad? I used to have a ton of respect for Gail for wanting to make a positive difference to her surroundings, but with this she has shown that making money is more important than making a difference.

Brandon
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok this is good for everybody but TNA. They had Her with Taylor Wilde and Stuffd so yeah but since this is over Here I will talk about her in WWE. I can see this going crappily. Gail Kim is going to be used to rub in TNA's face till She finally goes back to them. Kim may be a pretty good chance at the Womens title but the only way I see Her winning it early is to take a dig at TNA. So I see this as a bad move for her. She will drop ouyt of the picture on both show being a bad decision for Her career I see this as.

mikedudelang
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Of course it's about making money! Making a difference? C'mon, really? It's pro wrestling. These people have got to make the dollar when they can...they never know when it can all be taken away from them. The fact is, if the WWE offers you 100k and TNA offers 100k, you're better taking the WWE's money simply based on the fact that you're gonna be far more capable of marketing yourself as a WWE Superstar rather than a TNA Superstar.

Flair Country
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Of course it's about making money! Making a difference? C'mon, really? It's pro wrestling. These people have got to make the dollar when they can...they never know when it can all be taken away from them. The fact is, if the WWE offers you 100k and TNA offers 100k, you're better taking the WWE's money simply based on the fact that you're gonna be far more capable of marketing yourself as a WWE Superstar rather than a TNA Superstar.

That is ridiculous! If bringing women's wrestling to TNA didn't mean anything to Gail Kim then why did she break down and cry when she became the first ever TNA Women's Champion? That was real. TNA has brought women's wrestling back to the forefront of TV, without making it necassarily a beauty pageant and Gail was an instramental part of that.

Now as far as your WWE vs. TNA offering 100K each arguement, I can't really say much about that because I think it's different for each wrestler. Some would pick WWE because they are the worldwide leader and the spotlight is bigger. Some would pick TNA because of the reduced schedule, availability to work for other independent companies, and less locker room politics. So I'm not so sure that, for the same money, every wrestler out there would pick one company over another.

tommy
08-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Something could have happened backstage to make her switch. Even if not, breaking down and crying around a year ago for winning your first title in years doesn't mean that you have to stay with that company for the rest of your life. People jump ship to TNA all the time, why is it not okay to jump ship to WWE?

Kage
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Lol, she's such a hypocrite. Talking trash about Wwe's diva's and saying Tna's knockouts are better, then jumping ship at the first chance she gets.

coachthor
08-23-2008, 02:22 AM
This may be a good mark from TNA if she does well. But TNA could have had a better exit plan for her. She could have jobbed to ODB or Taylor Wilde, giving an added push.

Flair Country
08-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Something could have happened backstage to make her switch. Even if not, breaking down and crying around a year ago for winning your first title in years doesn't mean that you have to stay with that company for the rest of your life. People jump ship to TNA all the time, why is it not okay to jump ship to WWE?

I think your missing the point man. It's the fact that Gail Kim went out of her way many times to say just how much better the women's division is in TNA versus the craptastic matches that make up the majority of WWE's division. I'm not saying that she has to stay with the company forever, but this was no less than 2 months ago that she was saying all of this. So now that WWE has come in and offered her more money she's willing to forego all of that...that's what I have the problem with.