PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Shot In Head With Airgun

Black Widow
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
An 18-month-old boy is in a critical condition in hospital after being shot with an airgun in what police believe was a "tragic accident".

The unnamed boy suffered serious head injuries in the incident in the Washwood Heath area of Birmingham at 6.40pm Sunday night.

He was at home when the incident happened.

A police spokesman said: "The toddler was playing with other young children in the garden of his home in the Washwood Heath area when he sustained a pellet wound to the back of the head from an air weapon.

"A strong line of inquiry is that young children, aged under five, somehow managed to access the air weapon and accidentally caused it to go off."

He added that officers were not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident.

"While we are still trying to establish precisely what happened, this does appear to be a tragic accident involving young children," said Detective Inspector Simon Vowles.

An ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and a doctor were immediately sent to the scene after the 999 call.

Two paramedics travelled with the ambulance crew to provide additional assistance en route to hospital, where the boy was described soon after as being in a critical but stable condition.

sky news

JohnCenaFan28
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
That's awful news, I hope he gets better ASAP.

Jodes
08-26-2008, 10:28 AM
i hope he is ok. keep all guns away from kids reach please people:girlsad:

John
08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
This is stupid! But then again what can we do? Put the sister in Jail? this type of thing really makes me sick of people.