PDA

View Full Version : Orton vs. Angle II at Vengeance

F4L
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Angle accepts Orton's challenge
By Louie Dee
June 13, 2006

The history between Randy Orton and Kurt Angle dates back to this past April when both were on SmackDown. However, the Wrestling Machine has accepted the Legend Killer's most recent challenge, and RAW’s Orton will face ECW’s Angle at Vengeance on June 25.

After Angle made Orton tap out to the Ankle Lock at ECW One Night Stand on Sunday, the Legend Killer issued the challenge for Vengeance Monday night on RAW. Saying that he had fought Angle on ECW turf, he demanded that the Wrestling Machine to a match in a WWE ring with WWE rules. Orton then asked Grisham to spread the word.

Indeed he did, and Tuesday at the Vengeance Press Conference Grisham announced that Angle had accepted the challenge and the match was on. Orton then took the podium, and the fans greeted him with a chant of “You tapped out!”

Orton acknowledged this, giving the fans a reason for his submission loss. “I will admit, I did tap out,” he said. “I returned to the ring three months early from a broken ankle; even though I could use that as an excuse, I won’t.”

After reiterating that he had faced Angle in his home environment, the Legend Killer said that “in two weeks it will be in a WWE ring, and I guarantee a victory. It’s my destiny to kill the legend of ECW and I’m going to start with Kurt Angle.”

Back on April 14, it was Angle who broke Orton’s ankle with the Ankle Lock after their first-round King of the Ring tournament match; again at One Night Stand, Angle was victorious by submission. Can Angle keep his streak alive at Vengeance, or will the third time be the charm for the Legend Killer on June 25?

Ethan Hunt
06-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I think Angle will win once again.