PDA

View Full Version : Former UFC Champion Found Dead

Flair Country
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
A body was discovered in the Palo Verde mountain area on Monday, said Lt. George Moreno from Imperial County Sheriff's Department.

The Palo Verde mountain area is 60 miles northeast of Brawley.

Authorities have not confirmed if the body is that of missing mixed martial arts fighter, Evan Tanner, who had fought in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Tanner, 37, has been missing since last weekend.

Tanner's friends from Oceanside, where Tanner resides, had been texting him without reply since Wednesday before they reported him missing on Friday.

On Sunday, a campsite was discovered in the Clapp Springs area of the Palo Verde mountains. Tanner's motorcycle was found at the campsite. A body was found today when a sheriffs deputy was flying around the general location of the campsite.

According to MMAJunkie.com, a friend of Tanner's has told them that she received confirmation today that the body was that of Tanners.

RIP Evan. You will be missed

MMANews

Swinny
09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Damn, I didn't even realize he was missing. I wonder what happened exactly... strange stuff.

R.I.P. Evan. You will be missed and remembered as a top MMA fighter.

Will
09-11-2008, 05:14 AM
I really dont know what to say about Tanners passing. I was never really a fan of his in the cage, but he seemed to be a great guy in general. Its a sad passing for MMA, and society as a whole.