PDA

View Full Version : Woman, 33, posed as daughter to enroll at school

JohnCenaFan28
09-15-2008, 07:49 PM
A 33-year-old US woman posed as her 15-year-old daughter to enroll at school because she wanted to be a cheerleader.

Wendy Brown, of Green Bay, Wisconsin, has been charged with identity theft after used her daughter's ID to become a student at the school.

She attended cheerleading practices and a party at the cheerleading coach's house. She was given a cheerleader locker and paid for her uniform with a check that later bounced.

Officials said the woman stopped attending school after the first day, prompting a truancy investigation that led to the discovery of the woman's true identity.

Teachers said the student appeared older but had a teenage-like demeanour.

"In school you see a lot of children who look older and dress older," said Don Penza, liaison officer. "At what point do you say, 'You're lying.'"

The woman told police she wanted to get her high school diploma and become a cheerleader because she had no childhood.

"We find it not funny at all," said Lt. Jody Crocker of the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Department.

-Annanova

John
09-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Couldn't they tell the difference?

Swinny
09-20-2008, 05:08 PM
This woman needs to grow up, posing as a student so she could be a cheerleader? That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And as far as them not knowing, like they said a lot of them look older, so, there's not just gonna go up to someone and tell them they're lying, and they're not really a teenager.

Jodes
09-22-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah John thats what i was thinking to when i saw this story on CNN. she does not look like a teenagter IMO she looks older.

Swinny
09-22-2008, 08:37 PM
yeah John thats what i was thinking to when i saw this story on CNN. she does not look like a teenagter IMO she looks older.

Yeah, but the thing is... people don't suspect people to pretend to be teenagers and go to high school, lol. So, that's not the first thing that pops into their mind when they see someone that looks older than they really are.

Slayer_X
09-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Id go back to high school in a skinny minute