PDA

View Full Version : Batista Arrives In New Delhi

Kenpachi Zaraki
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Master of the rings arrives

While his teeming fans in the country look up to him with a lot of admiration and respect, American professional wrestler Dave Batista himself holds the Indian-born Khali, his formidable opponent in the ring, in high esteem.

The 6-foot-6-inch tall wrestler came calling in Delhi on Thursday to speak about his love for India and of course the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) from where he earns his bread and butter.

“I have fought against many wrestlers in the ring, but it has to be a wrestler from your country whom I really admire. Khali is the biggest and strongest opponent I have ever faced. In my long career, the longest drawn out fight has been with Undertaker. More than the fight, we also have to entertain our fans,” says Batista with a mischievous smile. He is a three-time WWE champion.

Stating that he wasn’t expecting so many people to turn up for his press conference, Batista noted that this is his first visit to India. “I would like to show my wrestling skills to fans in your country but I am clueless about my tour schedule. I am open to the idea of doing a Bollywood film. Among Indian actors, I admire Aishwarya Rai and I would love to do a film with her. She is among the most beautiful persons in the world,” says Batista, who considers himself neither a leader nor a follower.

Enrolling at Wild Samoan Afa’s wrestling school in Allentown, Batista considered wrestling as a way to make a living. “I was a bouncer for ten years. I used to train and compete as a bodybuilder and also worked in clubs. But I don’t know whether bouncers can become wrestlers because it takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears,” says the wrestler, whose nickname is “The Animal”.

Batista loses his temper only if provoked repeatedly: “I am not the sort of guy who beats up someone just like that. It takes a lot of provocation to make me angry. To fulfil my dream to become a wrestler, I have worked out really hard. Being a wrestler at WWE means constant travelling. It is a painstaking profession and injuries are part of everyday life.”

Batista says he has another year or two before he quits the ring. “I love wrestling so much that I would continue doing it as long as my body can cope and my fans want me.”

To keep fighting fit, Batista says he takes a high-protein diet. “My diet consists of low fat. I avoid processed food. I do workout wherever I go.”

Batista will be travelling to Mumbai where he will meet WWE officials and some Bollywood stars.

Madhur Tankha

Source: the hindu.com